Vu+ Solo2 Black screen while booting

sciak

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, is that happened maybe sometimes to you? Can you imagine what the problem is?
already tried change hdmi cable and hdmi port on the tv, don't helped.. could be the box bricked? cause it shows the first image but then stops..tried to flash several firmwares, and the box is 100% original.

Mick12334

If you have a scart lead, ands a scart socket, on your television, try connecting using that, it might be that the HDMI isn't configured, in the VU+ output options.
If you still fail then please post back.
Can you please explain what you are loading, using the USB stick?

sciak

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, just tried right now to connect bias scart the box to a old television, resulting in light is back..so u was right, hdmi output fault, but now, how can I solve the problem, can I buy the components somewhere??
With the usb stick I tried upload a new version of the firmware, I thought was a firmware issue the black screen..b79a5726f5e200b280e69c55371e0796.jpg

Mick12334

First try going into the Menu, Setup, System, AV Settings, and change the Video Output to HDMI, start off with the mode at the lowest, 576, then try this on your TV, with the HDMI cable, if it works go back into the AV Settings and change the Mode to 1080.

sciak

Vu+ Newbie
Tried everything, like u described. But nothing, works perfectly via scart, but if i switch to hdmi, no signal. I bought the box in May 2013, so no longer warranty .. I can't find the component to buy, so I could try replace it...

Mick12334

Which VU+ Model is it? It might not be worth repairing, depending on the model, and might be best kept, as a second receiver, using just the scart lead.
If it's a VU+ Duo 2, or of similar quality, you could try contacting vuplus and see if it's a known problem, and easy to repair, otherwise you might need to take it to a local repair shop, with circuit board testing equipment, and see if they can repair it, providing the repair is reasonably cheap.

looking at your picture, it looks like a VU+ Solo2, so might be worth trying to repair.

sciak

Vu+ Newbie
Yeah, you're right..it's a Solo2.. And has more than 2 years now..I tried contacting vuplus, I'm waiting for the answer and see what they say..
But maybe the best solution is like u said, use as a second receiver, and buy a new one..
I'm interested on the new Solo SE v2 same power as the solo2 but 512 MB of flash memory..