VU+ Solo2 boot issues

James Fenech

Vu+ Newbie
I am new to Solo2 and encoutered the following issue when booting.

Up to now I am getting used to waiting the first boot when flashing a new software. Sometimes it takes very long.

Occasionally I have to restart my box but it fails to do so. I wait with the booting message on screen for minutes. Switch off switch on and at some point it starts.

For a box which is 3 times as fast as my previous 500HD it sure takes its time when booting.

Does anyone know of a solution.

thanks

Dweeb

Vu+ Newbie
@cyborgpunte,..... yes mine is booting faster, now that I have taken out a usb which I was using for Epg information.

Matrix10

Administrator
There is no BH or VU solo2 boot issues.

You compare with old E2
Without HBB TV and another twenty MB software.

It all depends on how and how much you install,
enable and use.

Install a clean image.
Only use flash image. No meoboot and Multiboot.
Use Black Hole Speed ​​Up panel to Disable all you not use.
Disable Samba if you do not use
Disable all other NFS server, etc if not disabled and you not use.
So you'll see there is No BH boot issues.

Of course if everything is in operation
And you've got installed addons and plugins ,USB stick and HDDs,picons and you have a big SAT list and meoboot,Big epg etc
the speed is reduced. But I still fast enough.

YipMan

Vu+ User
I am new to Solo2 and encoutered the following issue when booting.

Up to now I am getting used to waiting the first boot when flashing a new software. Sometimes it takes very long.

Occasionally I have to restart my box but it fails to do so. I wait with the booting message on screen for minutes. Switch off switch on and at some point it starts.

For a box which is 3 times as fast as my previous 500HD it sure takes its time when booting.

Does anyone know of a solution.

thanks
Hi!
I do not know too much in the field, but if you started your box after unplugged the network cable and see what happens, then disables background tasks, plugins and server that you do not use it as he said Matrix10 our administrator.
thank you.

NickZ

Vu+ User
To detect the problem install and start VTI image from MeoBoot and compare the booting times from flash and VTI. I have installed other images to SSD. Very fast booting from any (less than 30 s) I have around 5,000 channels from 5 sats with picons!!

NickZ

Vu+ User
There are two files ( video mp4) demonstrating meobooting BH from flash and VTI from SDD. Both are faster than Windows8:yahoo:
Code:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B462nY3gMKY_MHM2dDlEOHMyTlk/edit?usp=sharing
Code:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B462nY3gMKY_TzVYM0t6R2lNdlU/edit?usp=sharing
My devices
96262b1e2445.jpg

James Fenech

Vu+ Newbie
Actually on a number of occasions, it boots well. It is just sometimes it stops on booting and you have to wait for a long time until starting gui continues. Sometimes i have to switch off the box and restart after a minute or so.

The box is just a month old.

I have a nas harddisk no usb and this happens no matter which services are running.

NickZ

Vu+ User
I have found an evident bug in BH MeoBoot plugin. Time in meobooted ( not from flash) images is 4 hours late , regardless of time zone chosen in the images.

NickZ

Vu+ User
In any image under MeoBoot time is 4 hours back. Neither sat nor NTP can help to solve the problem. Furthermore, after setting time with my hands ( telnet: date -s hh:mm ) and rebooting, there is again - 4 hours:mad: Can U explain why the difference is exactly 4, not 1, 2, or 3?:lol:

Shiro

BH-C
I have found an evident bug in BH MeoBoot plugin. Time in meobooted ( not from flash) images is 4 hours late , regardless of time zone chosen in the images.

Not true, here all images are working fine with the right time.

NickZ

Vu+ User
Not true, here all images are working fine with the right time.
What do you mean "here" ? In UTC zone? Try another time zone and U will see ;)
I suspect that MeoBoot is always in UTC zone. I have installed right time of my zone manually, but after some period it returned to UTC.

NickZ

Vu+ User
Now I understand why the difference is 4 hours. I am in UTC+4 zone :yahoo:
UTC =(approximately) GMT where Shiro lives