Solo2 VU Solo2 bricked

pedronomix

Vu+ Newbie
Genuine VU+ Solo2 IpabTv image has been working fine for past 3 years but was adding IPTV m3u to HDD via ftp and it went into a loop. unplugged and repowered up...snow screen only now. Will not reflash through any usb port, tried 3 different usb pens all formatted FAT 32 and cleaned.
I did notice that the IP address stays the same no matter how many times it is restarted. Is there a way to repair/reboot/restart from FlashFXP screen?

Thanks

Peter

AlexWilMac

Software NEVER causes hardware problems. Maybe it's all the way around: your box began having problems in coincidence with the new lists and now it does not start.
Anyway, 3 USB sticks might be too few to be sure there's a problem with your box.
And the IP obviously does not change if your router have no reasons to reassign it: this is how DHCP works (although I suggest to disable the DHCP in the box).
Try other USB drives and if none of them works, are you 100% sure your box is genuine?

pedronomix

Vu+ Newbie
Software NEVER causes hardware problems. Maybe it's all the way around: your box began having problems in coincidence with the new lists and now it does not start.
Anyway, 3 USB sticks might be too few to be sure there's a problem with your box.
And the IP obviously does not change if your router have no reasons to reassign it: this is how DHCP works (although I suggest to disable the DHCP in the box).
Try other USB drives and if none of them works, are you 100% sure your box is genuine?

The box is 100% genuine VU+ authorised dealer supplied a few years back. I do not suspect hardware issue as it bricked when trying to run a newly loaded m3u file.... tto me it looks like the boot/start up utilities have been corrupted. I have used the usb sticks to flash the box in the past with no issues.

AlexWilMac

If for "bricked" you mean blocked or stuck at startup, a reflash is always possible because the box is working. Next time save, from time to time, a full backup to reflash with it...
Maybe, looking for something related to iptv in your /etc/enigma2 folder (as your box seems to be accessible, if I understand well) you can delete it.
Flash drives are not immortal, though.

AlexWilMac

Maybe, looking for something related to iptv in your /etc/enigma2 folder (as your box seems to be accessible, if I understand well) you can delete it.
And the fact it does not reflash does not mean anything for sure: it can be the box but it's much more likely to be in the flash drives (yes, all of them) the problem..

pedronomix

Vu+ Newbie
And the fact it does not reflash does not mean anything for sure: it can be the box but it's much more likely to be in the flash drives (yes, all of them) the problem..

Deleted m3u from etc/enigma2 no joy!!

Mick12334

Try disconnecting your hard drive, by removing the top and disconnecting the cables.
Also remove any USB stick, and the LNB Co-ax cables, so that the only thing left is the HDMI cable, then try flashing the original image.
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/

Please note that this forum is for Blackhole, and Open Blachhole images.