Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Matrix10

Administrator
Have you tried.

Other USB stick/s.
Be sure to format the FAT 32
The best use HP USB formatting tool.
disconnect everything else especially hard disk, USB drive and so on from the box.

Unpack and copy the image to the USB stick.
Check whether there all folders and all files.

Flash image again.

You can flash any image version if an original box.
and is not a defect.

MNgowera

Vu+ Newbie
Have you tried.

Other USB stick/s.
disconnect everything else especially hard disk, USB drive and so on from the box.

Flash image again.

and is not a defect.

Hello there

Thank you for your response

1. So far I have tried 5 USB sticks with the same result.
2. There are no other USB drives connected because EPG was set up internally.
3. The box has 500GB HDD but I have no idea how to disconnect it because it won't allow me to even flash the old version
4. I have not used the HP formatting tool but will give it a try.
5. I would like to believe its an original box because it crashed a few times in the past and managed to flash successfully

Mick12334

If you have an internal hard drive, disconnect the receiver, from the mains, remove the top cover, and disconnect the hard drive.
Once done try flashing the receiver.
If it works then re-connect the hard drive.

MNgowera

Vu+ Newbie
If you have an internal hard drive, disconnect the receiver, from the mains, remove the top cover, and disconnect the hard drive.
Once done try flashing the receiver.
If it works then re-connect the hard drive.

Attachments

• vu+solo2 update.png
    vu+solo2 update.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 35

MNgowera

Vu+ Newbie
Hello
Thanks for your advice. I managed to disconnect the HDD and re-flashed the box. After rebooting the only image coming up is the one I uploaded and the screen goes blank after a few seconds

MNgowera

Vu+ Newbie
Have you tried.

Other USB stick/s.

Flash image again.

and is not a defect.

Hi, I managed to disconnect the HDD before re-flashing but after rebooting the only image showing for a few seconds is the one I just uploaded.

Attachments

• vu+solo2 update.png
    vu+solo2 update.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

Mick12334

Ohter users, with this problem, all managed to resolve the problem by using a different USB stick, formatted to FAT 32.
We are going to need more information, regarding the USB sticks you're using, are they all the same brand?
How you're trying to load your image, and have you loaded an image before?

MNgowera

Vu+ Newbie
Ohter users, with this problem, all managed to resolve the problem by using a different USB stick, formatted to FAT 32.
We are going to need more information, regarding the USB sticks you're using, are they all the same brand?
How you're trying to load your image, and have you loaded an image before?

Hi, the USB sticks I'm using are all different brands. I'm trying to load via the front USB port. And yes I have loaded an image on several occasions before. I flashed two previous updates without a problem. The box has crashed a few times since I bought it nearly 2 years now and have managed to load back images without a problem.

nunigaia

Hi, the USB sticks I'm using are all different brands. I'm trying to load via the front USB port. And yes I have loaded an image on several occasions before. I flashed two previous updates without a problem. The box has crashed a few times since I bought it nearly 2 years now and have managed to load back images without a problem.

Don´t use on it USB 3.0 devices. Check if all your Usb pen drives are 2.0 ones.

best regards
nunigaia

MNgowera

Vu+ Newbie
It might have developed a problem when I was trying to load BH3.0.1 images, because all along the box was working fine until I tried flashing the new image.

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not know how it could happen , how you can developed problem with image flash,
if the image is already proven good,because it never happened to me.
I flash image probably many more times than you.
When testing images and skins.

It can happen that a USB stick is not good.
If you had used the wrong format for USB stick
but a good image to cause this problem ,I do not know ???
Our images have been tested many times .

MNgowera

Vu+ Newbie
I do not know how it could happen , how you can developed problem with image flash,
if the image is already proven good,because it never happened to me.
I flash image probably many more times than you.
When testing images and skins.

It can happen that a USB stick is not good.
If you had used the wrong format for USB stick
but a good image to cause this problem ,I do not know ???
Our images have been tested many times .
I'm not implying that the images caused the problem, I did say that the box was working fine before I attempted to load the new image and I did say that it may have developed a problem in the process but not necessarily caused by the image

Matrix10

Administrator
I'm not implying that the images caused the problem, I did say that the box was working fine before I attempted to load the new image and I did say that it may have developed a problem in the process but not necessarily caused by the image

Of course as an electronics engineer I agree that flash process with bad flash memory can be a problem.
If this is the cause,
My experience tells me that this wil happen sooner or later.

MNgowera

Vu+ Newbie
I think your box is a clone.
It was purchased from an official UK Supplier and besides this is not the first time that this box has been flashed. For nearly 2 years that I've used this box I flashed it twice with new images without any problem and I also flashed it a few times when it crashed.

Ev0

Admin
It was purchased from an official UK Supplier and besides this is not the first time that this box has been flashed. For nearly 2 years that I've used this box I flashed it twice with new images without any problem and I also flashed it a few times when it crashed.
Which supplier did you purchase it from and which newer images have you had working ok on it ?