VU+Solo2 - New 1TB Hard Drive

Supermario

Vu+ User
Hi Guys

I just got my new VU+Solo2 and have installed (Internal) a WD 1 TB hard drive - 5400 rpm, 2.5" Sata.
When I press B X 2 = I cannot see the Hard drive in Device Manager.
I can only see USB 4 GB in meoboot mounted as /media/USB
I am using BH 2.0.8.1 in flash as well as meoboot.

Please can someone guide me how to detect the installed 1TB WD hard drive.
If I have to format it in Ext4 = how to I do it.

Please help.

Tks
Supermario

PS: I have been using VU+Duo for almost 2.5 years now, but Hard drive was never installed.

George1979

BH Lover
Go to menu / setup / system / hard drive / initialization , if you see it there initialize it. If it doesn't appear there, it's a hardware problem, maybe it's broken or it doesn't receive power from the receiver.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Supermario

Vu+ User
Tks george
Yes, I can see it in Menu/setup/hard drive/initialize, when I initialized
I can see it as ATA (WD10JPVX-75J) - External (1000.204 GB)

Hard drive setup = Hard drive standby after 10 minutes
Filesystem check = ATA (WD10JPVX-75J) - External (1000.204 GB)

When I press B x 2 = I cannot see it in Device Manager.

Tks for the assistance

Supermario

Vu+ User
Tks George

Yes, after restart from the rear switch it is now seen in Device manager as HARD DISK ATA WDC WD10JPVX-75
size: 1000.202 GB, Mount: /media/hdd
Device: /dev/sda1
Since it is my first Hard Drive installation on the receiver - how do I proceed from here.
Tks a lot for your help :). If I want to record or view the recorded program. Can you guide me to any tutorial how to proceed from here. Or any settings that I have set on the receiver.

B/Rgds
Supermario

George1979

BH Lover
You're welcome, I'm happy it worked. To record stuff just press the red button on the bottom part of the remote control. There you will find all the buttons play, stop, pause. To see a list of all your recordings press the button located between menu and audio, the one with the letter R.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Supermario

Vu+ User
Hello George

I have not yet started recording with the new drive..
I was trying to use VTI image in meoboot. When the image boots, its asking me to initialize it in Device Manager { I can see the Hard Drive as Model WDC WD10JPVX-75J (sda), vendor : ATA, Size : 953869 MB} and the next option is asking for partition = one partition, 2 partitions (50%/50%), 2 partition (75%/25%), 3 partitions (33%/33%/33%), 4 partitions (25%/25%/25%/25%), 2 partitions (1%/99%).
This was not asked in BH 2.0.8.1. How do I proceed make partitions?

Please assist.