Vu+Solo2 problems after power outage

Nov25

Vu+ Newbie
I've had power outages before, and the receiver always resumed normal operation as if nothing happened. This time around, after the power came back the receiver booted up normally but no picture, SNR is at 50-80% etc as it usually is. I have rebooted a couple of times, it comes back up but still no picture (the clock always default to 01:00 after the reboots, this never happened after previous outages).

In an act of desperation I did a factory reset - re-added all the satellite configuration, but service scan shows 0 services found. Any ideas for troubleshooting?

TIA

Mick12334

It sounds like you've had a power surge, which can happen, following a power cut, and can damage electrical items.
The first thing you need to confirm is that the problem is with your receiver, either by trying another receiver, on your set up, or trying your receiver on a different dish, relatives, or friends.
What exactly can you see, when you boot up?
What satellite set up do you have, fixed dish, multiple LNB's and Diseqc switch, motorized dish?

Nov25

Vu+ Newbie
It turned out to be something on the dish that was damaged, all fixed now and working normally again. Good old solo2, still going strong after 4 years.