VU+ Solo2 Upgrade steps...

David Frankland

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there,

First of appologies if this has been discussed already, but I have read through numerous posts and How To guides to try and figure out what the hell I am doing wrong\not doing.

So recently purchased a VU+ Solo2 and want to upgrade to Blackhole away from the standard VU+ interface\EPG.

So downloaded the latest image.
Formatted USB stick with FAT32.
Extracted contents onto USB stick (preserving the vuplus\solo directory structure).
Inserted USB stick into front of VU+ Solo2 device.
Powered Off and back on, the front panel does not display Update, just shows Starting thats it.
I have tried mounting the USB stick.
I have tried different USB sticks.

Help what am I doing wrong or what step am I missing ?.

Thanks,
David

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi there,

First of appologies if this has been discussed already, but I have read through numerous posts and How To guides to try and figure out what the hell I am doing wrong\not doing.

So recently purchased a VU+ Solo2 and want to upgrade to Blackhole away from the standard VU+ interface\EPG.

So downloaded the latest image.
Formatted USB stick with FAT32.
Extracted contents onto USB stick (preserving the vuplus\solo directory structure).
Inserted USB stick into front of VU+ Solo2 device.
Powered Off and back on, the front panel does not display Update, just shows Starting thats it.
I have tried mounting the USB stick.
I have tried different USB sticks.

Help what am I doing wrong or what step am I missing ?.

Thanks,
David

Have you pressed the PWR button on the front panel ?

The procedure is simple.
Take preferably older smaller 2GB USB stick
Format FAT32 USB stick and then UNZIP and copy the entire contents of the image zip file.
Check if you have there files not only folders.
Connect USB stick to the front USB port.
It should not be anything connected to other USB ports.
Turn on the receiver and press the front ON/off button.

David Frankland

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,
Don't know why or how but the download I did had the directory structure vuplus\solo.. Instead of vuplus\solo2, so i redownloaded the image again, extracted and confirmed it had the correct directory structure and it worked. Important lesson learnt for me, directory structure important when extracting the image.
Thanks,