Vu solo4k not bootable

rm2000

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I can no longer boot and it is stuck at booting logo. I have tied to flash it with different images. I have also tried to use different usb 3.x stick.

The seems that it does not complete updating rootfs and then it will ask to reboot ? but then nothing happens after that.

I have also removed all the connection and ever the external disk from the box.

I would like to know if others had seen this issue and if there is any other method to do the recovery.

Thanks,

rm2000

nunigaia

Hi,

I can no longer boot and it is stuck at booting logo. I have tied to flash it with different images. I have also tried to use different usb 3.x stick.

The seems that it does not complete updating rootfs and then it will ask to reboot ? but then nothing happens after that.

I have also removed all the connection and ever the external disk from the box.

I would like to know if others had seen this issue and if there is any other method to do the recovery.

Thanks,

rm2000

Disconnect from your STB previously before re-flashing it all your usb devices.

best regards
nunigaia

rm2000

Vu+ Newbie
I have used this image opendroid-5.5-vusolo4k-20160704_usb.zip but there is no OSD and there is nothing on the TV screen. I can only ftp and ssh to the box. Any idea what can i do to recover from this... ?

Thanks,

rm2000

newgolfer

Vu+ User+++

rm2000

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I have also tried this image.. but regardless of which image I try it does not recover. Is there a way to format the internal flash to recover from this.. otherwise i am just stuck and can no longer use the box..

Thanks,

Ravi

rm2000

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I have attached the log files from /var/log. Maybe it may help to understand the issue.

Rdgs,

Attachments

• log.7z
    6.8 KB · Views: 16

el bandido

Vu+ User
I have used this image opendroid-5.5-vusolo4k-20160704_usb.zip but there is no OSD and there is nothing on the TV screen. I can only ftp and ssh to the box. Any idea what can i do to recover from this... ?

Thanks,

rm2000
Use Putty to connect to the box with Telnet. Record and post the output from typing:
init 4
enigma2

rm2000

Vu+ Newbie
root@vusolo4k:~# init 4
root@vusolo4k:~# enigma2
PYTHONPATH: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
[VTi] change debug mode --> console: 0
[VTi] change debug mode --> file: 0
NXPL_RegisterNexusDisplayPlatform data->hwInterface 0xb39025e0
executing main
Restarting internet superserver: inetd .
ps: error while loading shared libraries: libprocps.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/proc//maps': No such file or directory
libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
ps: error while loading shared libraries: libprocps.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
mv: can't rename '/usr/bin/dccamd': No such file or directory
sh: /etc/startcam.sh: not found
cmp: /etc/rcS.d/S80syssrv: No such file or directory
sh: !grep: not found
Aborted

el bandido

Vu+ User
Dunno....
What about the RS232, The 9 pin serial port on the receiver. Can you connect to it an record the output? Remove power from the receiver, make the serial port connection, then power on the receiver and record the output?

rm2000

Vu+ Newbie
I do not happen to have a RJ11 cable so can't diagnose this. Any other way to recover this ? I will need to check with the shop to see if they can replace the receiver. It is still under warranty.

Thanks any way for your help.

rm2000

Vu+ Newbie
I have uploaded the mp4 video (150 MB )to show what happens when flashing the firmware. I think it is not updating the rootfs system.

Attachments

• vusolo4k_booting issue _.7z
    150.3 MB · Views: 89