Vu+ Ultimo 4 Tuners?

bawin

Vu+ Newbie
Hi buddies, anyone know if they are thinking of making a dual tuner dvb-t/c.
So we would not have so many tuners.
We would have a tuner dvb-s2 2x1 and 2x1 dvb-t/c then we would have a free slot in the decoder.
And we would have 4 tuners.

Basil

Vu+ User
Hi buddies, anyone know if they are thinking of making a dual tuner dvb-t/c.
So we would not have so many tuners.
We would have a tuner dvb-s2 2x1 and 2x1 dvb-t/c then we would have a free slot in the decoder.
And we would have 4 tuners.

We heard that the dual dvb-s2 is under testing and development and no release date yet.
For dual dvb-t/c,nothing like that was mentioned.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Don Andres

BH Lover
Yeah Baby, Yeah :)
Have borrowed the Dual DVB-S2 tuner from the norwegian VU+ distributor and guyz , the results are just stunning.
Was thinking .......since this is beta release, it might has some unsolved issues yet.
This might be out of topic , the thread is started for Ultimo and I tested the Dual Tuner with Uno .

Scanning on my Motorised dish ( connected to Input B) went perfect , the new tuner picked up each singel frequency on all 12 satellites scanned .
Then the test went further with Fixed dish ( 4 lnb's - Thor, Sirius, Hotbird and Astra 1 ) connected to Input A .... No prob what so ever :)
Have done a lot of recordings , while watching another channel , everything works perfect.
Can't understand why Vu+ is not starting serial production yet ?

It will be very nice to get hold of one more tuner , for test with Ultimo ( 2 x Dual DVB-S2)

Basil

Vu+ User
Yeah Baby, Yeah :)
Have borrowed the Dual DVB-S2 tuner from the norwegian VU+ distributor and guyz , the results are just stunning.
Was thinking .......since this is beta release, it might has some unsolved issues yet.
This might be out of topic , the thread is started for Ultimo and I tested the Dual Tuner with Uno .

Scanning on my Motorised dish ( connected to Input B) went perfect , the new tuner picked up each singel frequency on all 12 satellites scanned .
Then the test went further with Fixed dish ( 4 lnb's - Thor, Sirius, Hotbird and Astra 1 ) connected to Input A .... No prob what so ever :)
Have done a lot of recordings , while watching another channel , everything works perfect.
Can't understand why Vu+ is not starting serial production yet ?

It will be very nice to get hold of one more tuner , for test with Ultimo ( 2 x Dual DVB-S2)

This is good news,did you notice any improvement especially with signal strength and were you able to pick up some channels you couldn't with the former tuner?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Don Andres

BH Lover
@Basil, please mention which channels you have problems with ( satellite , TP and Frequency )

Now the bad news !

Made some test with the Dual tuner in my Ultimo HD
Here comes the result :

All test based on Vu+ official release 7.0 with FPGA upgrade :

1) Dual Tuner plugged in Lnb slot 1 : Tuner not identified ( recognized ) at all.

2) Dual Tuner plugged in Lnb slot 2 and 3 : Tuner identified ( recognized ) as a single tuner module.

Have tested the module with Black Hole 1.7.8 release , there the tuner was identified as “Dummy” tuner module

Don Andres

BH Lover
@KFL
All this is done .
1) Upgrade with FPGA 4,5 ( TS_pro.dat)
2) Receiver flashed with latest experimental image : 20121030183909

Stil Ultimo do not identify the Dual Tuner !

Don Andres

BH Lover
@KFL
All this is done .
1) Upgrade with FPGA 4,5 ( TS_pro.dat)
2) Receiver flashed with latest experimental image : 20121030183909

Stil Ultimo do not identify the Dual Tuner !

Ok, have sent repport to Vu+
BTW , the Dual tuner will be ready for sale from all Vu+ distributors in the begining of Desember .