Vu uno HDMI Problem

badanas

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, today i unpluged my hdmi cable from my box and when i plug it again the box didnt send video signal anymore.

I reboot that and the starting...(logo) works fine and when it advance to Vu Uno booting i lose the hdmi and never back.

Tried with another hdmi cable, another hdmi port and the same, other devices work fine with same configuration.

The tv detects when i unplug and plug the hdmi on the box but no video signal :S ( appears the hdmi 3 logo when it is connected to port 3

I reflashed the box 4 times with 4 different images and same result, with VTI appear the VTI bootloader logo and no signal after that..

Anyone solved this?

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Did you do that (unpluged) when the box and tv were ON? If you did, you could damage the electronic components (octocoupler). Never connect or disconnect HDMI cable while receiver and tv is ON! :fie: Probably that will cost you some money :(

badanas

Vu+ Newbie
I unplug with box in standby and plug with box turned it on...

But the hdmi can't be damaged right? If it was damaged I can't get image on bootloader logo, and I have

badanas

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Matrix, no i do not see any menu on tv screen, but saw the menu on VFD screen of the box, i changed the resolution to 720p , scart etc only with VFD...

Sorry i didnt test the signal, now my box is flashed and empty...

Can someone explain me how the bootloader image appears and the rest not? it is not the same hdmi signal?

(this one )

2014-02-25%2014.23.23.jpg

Matrix10

Administrator
By this what you wrote
I think that the problem is not HDMI because you got the boot logo.

The problem is probably inside of box / HW, you have no TV video signal.

badanas

Vu+ Newbie
By this what you wrote
I think that the problem is not HDMI because you got the boot logo.

The problem is probably inside of box / HW, you have no TV video signal.
Unfortunately my box have no warranty yet...I have to solve this for myself

Matrix10

Administrator
It does not change the problem.
You have a bootlogo which means HDMI is correct
but no TV video signal on HDMI.

badanas

Vu+ Newbie
Discovered the problem

I have 75% sure that is a Power Supply problem

I start the box with scart, and when it boots changed to hdmi and it works fine. The power supply couldn t handle with 1080i at boot maybe

Now it works, i reboot the box several times.

In the last months my box didnt start for the 1st time when i reboot on power supply button, 1st i thought that is a security thing like dreambox have, but now i point that to 1st symptoms of power supply. I will try to check if i can fix the power supply changing some capacitor or if i have to replace the entire power supply.

This is the problem of box with internal power supply, with a dreambox a new 12V external power and we are fine again

virgiliux

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same problem.I have no HDMI output, only SCART and ypbpr. I've tried to start on SCART and to change to HDMI but it shows nothing.
How did you repair your VU+ ?
What did you change ?