Vu+ Zero and Diseqc 2.1...not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

I using a dreambox with a cable to rotor...and it's working!
But with the same cable into my Vu+ Zero...it's not working?

With my dreambox i have 70% signal!
With de Vu+ zero 0% on SD channel and 99% on HD channel??

And my rotor will not move with Vu+ Zero?!

So i hear that's because vu+ Zero is a cheap demo (low end)? It's that true?

Thanks.

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
I'll find same problem as me here...but it's a old post.

vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-solo-bh-1-6-3-difficulties-remembering-rotor-settings.2978

Mick12334

No it's not true, that the VU+ Zero is a cheap receiver, just that it is the cheapest version, of the VU+ range.
How have you got the Tuner set up?
Are you using the Simple, Mode = Motorised, option, or the advanced option?

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
First of all, thanks to help me.

I'm in advanced option --- not usual -- and i put a number by sat

But i made a test with Simple - astra 19e...and 0% sd channel /99% HD channel
And my dish is now fixed (blocked) on astra 19e...if i use my second cable (directly from lnb), she's perfect working!

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
Here is a real situation of my problem: (see attach file)

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 54

Mick12334

Your VU+ zero might need a better connection, than your Dreambox.
Your set up looks like a simple Diseqc motor, with which you can use Usals, or Diseqc 1.2, to move the motor. Try selecting the Tuner, change the mode to Simple, Mode = Positioner, and enter your Latitude, and Longitude, and see if the motor works.
You say the HD channels show 99%, can you actually see a picture, on any FTA, Free to Air, HD channels?

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
No picture at 99%...
I would try this evening and come back tomorrow to let you know if it's working.

clipper

Vu+ Newbie
i have a vu zero that i have set on diseqc 1.2 in the
advanced tuner set up with 16 sats set and numbered
1 to 16, i also use a 1.2 channel master dish with a
36v superjack motor running though a v-box and the zero
works first class and hits it's target every time with
good quality signals, and i know the zero is not a
cheap demo low end model it has the quality that
all vu models are built to as standard. so unless you
have a menu set wrong could your vu zero have a fault,
and if it's still under guarantee i would ask your dealer to
help and test the box

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
My Vu+ zero was always "on" when i change the cable to test my motor...
But yesterday i put it off..then my cable in...then start it again ....and i receive at once 75%!!!
More!!! I can move my motor!!!

But i need more test because he don't retain the position i save with expert mode.
So i tried mode positionner and made a bit right and left to find the best connection on 13e...that's working!
Another "but"...if i change to astra 19e i doesn't find the right position?! Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Mick12334

Check your latitude, and longitude, on a website, like dishpointer.com. Remember negative longitude values, e.g. -1.0023, = West, positive = East, e.g. 1.0023

If your motor wasn't set up correctly, set to 0, along with the dish, then moved, using your receiver, once the correct Latitude, and Longitude, were entered, to a suitable satellite, near to your longitude reading, then physically moved, on the pole, to get the satellite, this could explain the problem of it not finding the satellite.
The basics, of setting up a motorized dish, is to first ensure the pole is plumb, and sturdy enough to take the weight of the dish/motor, including any wind.
The next is to ensure you set the dish/motor up correctly, to get it to follow the satellite arc.
1. Set the motor/dish to zero, with no skew on the LNB, so it's also set to 0, pointing straight down.
2. Enter your exact Latitude, and Longitude, intio the receiver, using the USALS option.
3. Send the dish to a suitable satellite, one you can receive, in your location, and have a clear line of sight to. It's probably best to use one nearest to your True South position. Your True South is based on your Longitude reading, thus -1.0023 has your True South close to 1 West, 1.0023 has it close to 1E.
4. Physically move your dish, and motor, on the pole to get the best signal possible, from the selected satellite.
5. Send your dish, using your receiver, to the furthest East, then West, satellite, you can reeive, and check the signal quality readings. If they aren't as strong as they should be then send it back to the satellite, you set it up on, make some minor adjustments, on the brackets, then try again. Keep doing this until you're happy with the signal quality readings, both East, and West, then heck other satellites.

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks!!!....but some questions:

"1. Set the motor/dish to zero" .... how can i do that? with receiver?
"Your True South is based on your Longitude reading, thus -1.0023 has your True South close to 1 West, 1.0023 has it close to 1E"...woaw i can understand everything, my longitude is 4.3260 so i'm in europe and wich sat best to test?

All the rest is clear for me ;-)

Last edited:

Mick12334

You state your longitude is 4.326 so in effect your true south is approx 4.3E, so probably best to set your dish up on 4.9E.

Setting your motor, and dish, to zero, is done manually, when setting the dish up, some motors have a reset option, which will take it to zero, check your motor manual, or look for an online manual.

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
I'm not sure... ;-(

So i will put my motor to 0 (i will see how on the net).
My dish also on 0 (manually)
But 0 is maybe not a real 0° ?

Then i tried to find on 4.9e a signal with receiver? is that right?

Last edited:

Mick12334

Once you have your motor, dish, and LNB, set to zero, you re-set your receiver, enter your latitude, and longitude, then use your receiver to send the motor to 4.9E. This compensates for .6 degree difference.
Make sure your pole is plumb, and strong enough, for the dish motor.
You then physically move the dish, and motor, until you get the strongest signal quality reading from 4.9E. Once done you gently tighten everything up, trying to make sure nothing moves, and use your receiver to send the dish to the furthest East, then West satellite, to check the signal quality readings.
You then make minor adjustments, to maximise the signal quality readings, by sending the dish back to 4.9E, and adjusting the brackets, on the dish/motor, then sending it back East, and West, to see if you have improved the quality readings.

Mick12334

With only 0.6 degrees difference between your True South, and 4.9E, you will hardly even notice it, but as you stand, behind the dish, 0 will be pointing very, very, slightly to the right, (West), of 4.9E.

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
at the end my motor and dish MUST be aligned on 4.3e (approximately) and that's de reason why i need first move my dish to 4.9e...
Right?
sat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.