vu zero dead white led blinks 3 times - no flash possible

amigo74

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

today my vu zero is dead.
No picture and no flash possible.
The while led blinks 3 times and nothing more.
When i press a key on the remote the white led blinks.
Any help appreciated.

regards

el bandido

Vu+ User
The white light blinking when you press a remote key suggests the box is not dead.
Are you able to telnet into the box?
Have you checked the HDMI video connection between the receiver and tv?

amigo74

Vu+ Newbie
No telnet not possible, because no ip is negotiated via dhcp.
I think there is a problem with the nand flash ?
Is there a possibility to flash bootloader or software via rs232 or jtag ?

amigo74

Vu+ Newbie
I have tested several usb sticks with several capacities.
Also i have formatted fat32 full with a windows pc.
There is no way to flash via usb.
There is no access on the usb port, because the function led of the usb sticks does not blink...
#

nunigaia

I have tested several usb sticks with several capacities.
Also i have formatted fat32 full with a windows pc.
There is no way to flash via usb.
There is no access on the usb port, because the function led of the usb sticks does not blink...
#

Make sure you are using an USB pen drive Version 2.0:

• Formated as Fat32 FS
  • Unpack the zip file ( firmware ) to the root of USB stick.

Root trace:

USB ROOT:

> vuplus

>zero

>5 files

1) - You must power off your ZERO STB (disconnect from the mains outlet ) and put the USB Stick on the USB port.

2) - Connect to the mains outlet and power on your STB ... the flash process will begin.

Note: You can follow this guide from @Mito --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-flash-update-vu-images.11819/ , regarding your Zero STB steps.

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

el bandido

Vu+ User
No telnet not possible, because no ip is negotiated via dhcp.
I think there is a problem with the nand flash ?
Is there a possibility to flash bootloader or software via rs232 or jtag ?
It might help to post the debug output from the RS232. Do you know how to connect the RS232 for the Zero?

amigo74

Vu+ Newbie
el bandido yes i can make a rs232 cable and connect it to the zero, but is there an other way to flash the nand with rs232 or jtag ???
I have read that nand must be desoldered and flashed outside the zero and there is also the possibility that the nand is defective and must be changed and so on..

amigo74

Vu+ Newbie
I have tried to flash the zero in the right way with different usb sticks.
No way to flash it.
I will make the rs232 cable and look if the nand is bricked or the cfe is corrupted.

el bandido

Vu+ User
The information that comes from the RS232 port when the receiver first has power may tell you what needs to be done next. Recording this information and posting it should most likely be your next step.

amigo74

Vu+ Newbie
I have made the rs232 cable and connected it.
There is no rs232 output !
So i think the nand or the cfe is bricked.
What can i do next ?

el bandido

Vu+ User
Carefully check the RS232 connector. Verify that the serial port for the computer is working correctly, and configured correctly. There should be data output from the RS232 because the light on the front of the Zero is lit. Also, the light blinks when you press the remote control buttons. A dead receiver with no data from the RS232 would probably not do this!

el bandido

Vu+ User
Also,
You are probably doing this, but as a reminder: Remove all power from the Zero. Start the RS232 connection at the computer. Restore power to the Zero.

amigo74

Vu+ Newbie
I have configured the rs232 cable in the right way. i have used the pdf uploaded here.
Furthermore i use a prolific usb seriell cable, which functions without a problem with other receivers.
For testing purposes i have taken an other zero from a friend and there is rs232 output with this rs232 cable and prolific usb seriell cable.
So how can i flash the cfe in zero without usb port ???

Attachments

• Vu+ Zero RS232 Connection.pdf
    351.5 KB · Views: 155