VU+ Zero not scanning correctly

mikh64

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

The images on my screen started ghosting. So I did an autoscan and only found 451 channels as opposed to the normal 989.

Im running BH 2.1.7

My tuner settings are simple, diseqc A/B, Port A 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G, Port B nothing connected, set voltage yes, send diseqc no.

Please help.

Mick12334

Are you even using a Diseqc switch, in your satellite set up?
You only mention Astra 2, 28.2E, so perhaps you should just use Simple, Mode Single, Astra 2, 28.2E.
Also check the channels, that are scanned in, and see if you have both horizontal, and Vertical, polarity transponders.

mikh64

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mick12334,

I have checked the missing channels and they are all on the Horizontal transponder.

Any idea why I cannot pick them up?

Mick12334

Usually it's beacause of a fulty/failing LNB, but your receiver also sends a signal, to the LNB, to switch between Horizontal, and Vertical, polarities. If possible check your receiver, on another dish/LNB, friends, or family members, dish, to confirm your receiver is working, then change your LNB.

mikh64

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, Ive had an engineer have a look. He tested and said no horizontal channels are being picked up from the dish. New Lnb being fitted. Thanks for your help