What are they (Firmware?, Driver?, Image software?)?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I am going to upgrade the new BH 2.0.6, but there is a warning 'strongly suggeste to update the firmware' . I have visited the vuplus official site. They are 3 different software
1, driver, some kind wording module.3....;
2. vuplus-image-vuplusduo2-2013091883603-usb.zip;
3. Duo2-VFD-controler.

The instruction says before installing 3, should install 2.
What is alread included into the BH 2.0.6? What is need before install the BH 2.0.6?

Would anyone please offer some basic explaination about these software and relationship?

yummer

BH Lover
Just update to 2.0.6 then as you've already updated the cfe boot loader to get 2.0.5. All drivers are embedded in the new image mate

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thank, I am new for the VU receiver, normally say, firware. It means the driver or driver pluse some things else?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Also, if I backup the setting by BH 2.05B's persional backup. Can I restore back all of my settings after I install the BH 2.0.6?

yummer

BH Lover
The image is black hole. New drivers are embedded in image. Some get released in between images from vuplus.

yummer

BH Lover
You won't be disappointed. I especially like the all share feature as I have a Samsung galaxy s4 and can now share videos etc straight to vu duo. Brilliant ;)

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I have a galaxy S3, I will play it when I know more about the system. I used CubeReve before, it does not running BH trherefore I need to learn from new, but some of the controls are similar.

yummer

BH Lover
I recommend downloading vu+player on android play store works a treat as remote. signal meter .etc

clibo

Vu+ Newbie
Could anyone please offer some basic explanation about firmware, driver, image and their relationship, thanks.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Could anyone please offer some basic explanation about firmware, driver, image and their relationship, thanks.

Fimware, or CFE is like BIOS in your computer, driver is a group of files to make work hardware of box with image.
Image: a software of box (like Windows XP or Ubuntu distribution on PC).

It's not reccomended to install new drivers, only for test purposes, so not for newbies. Last tested drivers are included in image release.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Fimware, or CFE is like BIOS in your computer, driver is a group of files to make work hardware of box with image.
Image: a software of box (like Windows XP or Ubuntu distribution on PC).

It's not reccomended to install new drivers, only for test purposes, so not for newbies. Last tested drivers are included in image release.
Thanks paolino. I think I am more clear about the relationship between those terms. One thing, I think it is very clear that it is better to waite for a new image to release, rather than play those drivers and firmware and CFE if there is no particular reason. Those firmaware are mainly hardware improvement for particular issues as many other equipment, more or less for intermedia 'repair' before the new image release. Of course, for experts, it does not matter how they do it.