What is the best way to turn off the Vu+ Solo

ab9adr

Vu+ User
Hy everyone,
I want to know what is the best way to turn off the VU+ Solo.
- Use the standby
- Use the shutdown option in the menu
- Unplug the electricity
Thanks

Dzoni

BH Lover
I don't understand a point ,what is a best way ?!

If You don't care for electricity and use box every day- use stand by, if You go away from home and if you want to electricity savers -Use shoutdown or unplug.

ab9adr

Vu+ User
I don't understand a point ,what is a best way ?!

If You don't care for electricity and use box every day- use stand by, if You go away from home and if you want to electricity savers -Use shoutdown or unplug.
The best way is the best for the life of the product and no I don't care for electricity :p

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
This is not really the case ab9adr in standby the box is till running with only the tuner disabled:
Some measured values for you on my box (with 2,5 inch HD build in)
- Power off by switch : 0 W ( switching of a running image may corrupt it)
- Deep Sleep: 0,2W (takes 1 min to boot)
- Standby: 15,4W (few seconds for image to pop up)
- Power On: 20.4W
Overall very nice values. the box may be called green.
It is your choice. I always put it into Deep Sleep when doing so myself.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
By the way my box is an UNO (not SOLO). Forgot to mention and sorry for the confusion. I actually overlooked this detail.
The power principles are the same though for all VU+ models (and Dreambox for that matter). Only the SOLO/DUO will consume a bit more for all measurements. The 2,5 inch HD has been build in, which obviously can't be done on a SOLO. Measured values are including this Samsung HD (5400 RPM).

bo1e

Vu+ Newbie
If you look at the mods-section on this forum, you can see solo with built in hd. My problem is, no matter what I try, every time I restart my solo, the hd needs to be initialized for it to work. And that means every reset or power off on the solo makes me have to wipe the hd before it works again.