what is the point of using a VU+ box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbeckles

Vu+ Newbie
hi all... first post on here, and it's a simple question... what is the point of using a VU+ box?

i've only just found out about these today, and from some basic reading and videos i thought it was possible to connect to different satellites, and be able to watch these without a subscription, therefore an alternative to the very expensive Sky subscription service

now it seems everywhere i look further, to be able to get the sky sports / movies channels for example, you still need a Sky Card and subscription... so what is the point of swapping a Sky receiver for a VU+ one?

seems to me that if you need a Sky Sub then its much simpler to keep the original sky receiver, or am i missing something obvious? like i said, i'm totally new to this range of VU+ boxes so if anyone can shed some light on the advantages i'd love to know

thanks very much

Matrix10

Administrator
hi all... first post on here, and it's a simple question... what is the point of using a VU+ box?

i've only just found out about these today, and from some basic reading and videos i thought it was possible to connect to different satellites, and be able to watch these without a subscription, therefore an alternative to the very expensive Sky subscription service

now it seems everywhere i look further, to be able to get the sky sports / movies channels for example, you still need a Sky Card and subscription... so what is the point of swapping a Sky receiver for a VU+ one?

seems to me that if you need a Sky Sub then its much simpler to keep the original sky receiver, or am i missing something obvious? like i said, i'm totally new to this range of VU+ boxes so if anyone can shed some light on the advantages i'd love to know

thanks very much

I do not know from where you got the information that the scrambled channels you can watch illegally.
You can watch FTA channels and channels with legal subscription/card.
But as the discussion can easily violate our rules I will immediately close.

http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

Matrix10

Administrator
With VU+ BOX you can far more than with
The Sky Box.Among other things all add-called plugins, XBMC, etc.Different graphic ,called skins.e.t.c
View and read more on the forum.
Discussion about illegal watching television is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.