Where are you, the Experts?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I have several issues with my Duo2, which is running BH 2.0.7. I have posted the problems here for a while but no solution. Please help!!!! I need your kind help, our experts.

1. How to stop the receiver looking for network connection?
(The receiver currently keeps looking for the network connection if my routor is off. It cannot be switched off from the network configure. It particular creates problem when I use timer. I have been told it caused by plugins. Which one? Anyway how to sort out this issue?)

2. Enhanced Move Centre does not respound the RCU's directory selection when I try to move a file to a target directory.It means I cannot select the target diectory after I have selected the file)

Thanks in advance!

Mito

Administrator
I think you had better to reinstall the image without restore a personal backup and to use Advanced Movie Selection instead of EMC.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Dear mate, a problem can be at first understood and eventually solved only if one can reproduce it.
Sorry for that, but I myself wasn't able to reproduce your problem when my Duo2 is not even connected to any network (non only Internet).

And looking at the issues posted in this forum by the users, neither I could find somebody else with your same problem.

The only suggestion I can offer now is to start everything from scratch with a clean image (as you have been told above), configure the tuners and see if in this controlled condition your network issue appears again.
Then, if no issues come out, gradually reinstall the plugins you need one at a time, until the problem reappears.

Last edited:

paolino

Vu+ User+++
...1. How to stop the receiver looking for network connection?
(The receiver currently keeps looking for the network connection if my routor is off. It cannot be switched off from the network configure. It particular creates problem when I use timer. I have been told it caused by plugins. Which one? Anyway how to sort out this issue?)

Could be EPG. I don't know, which one you are using. (CrossEPG?)

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I think you had better to reinstall the image without restore a personal backup and to use Advanced Movie Selection instead of EMC.
Thank you for your reply. The enhanced Movie centre has been installed on 2 version 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 r1 BH . The same problem hapens in both cases. What is the EMC?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Dear mate, a problem can be at first understood and eventually solved only if one can reproduce it.
Sorry for that, but I myself wasn't able to reproduce your problem when my Duo2 is not even connected to any network (non only Internet).

And looking at the issues posted in this forum by the users, neither I could find somebody else with your same problem.

The only suggestion I can offer now is to start everything from scratch with a clean image (as you have been told above), configure the tuners and see if in this controlled condition your network issue appears again.
Then, if no issues come out, gradually reinstall the plugins you need one at a time, until the problem reappears.
Thanks Eragon. I understand what your said. My Duo2 has run BH 2.0.5, 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 R1 . I flashed the image and then do manual setting but didnot scan satellites . I used DreamEditor to upload my backup of the channel list. I did not let the DreamEditor uplaod my other settings. The problem has the same in three versions of BH. You cannot reproduce the problem ( based on my understand), it means only my set's problem. Is there anyway to set a log file to monitor the problem? Of course, I can do a test by re-flash the image and rescan the satellites , then edit my channel list ( editing the channel list is very time cost). Editing my channel list is my latest option. My Duo2 has one single tuner and one twin tuner. The 3 turners are set as 3 simple A, B, C tuner.

Any suggestion please!

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Could be EPG. I don't know, which one you are using. (CrossEPG?)
Thanks paolino for your kind help. I use the default BH EPG panel. I did NOT set the EPG auto-update. Any futher suggestion which I can try? My Duo2 always looks for the name server ( which is my router), My duo2's name server has been set as ( static) my routor's IP. The confusion is after I stopped the network, my duo 2 still looks for the name server.

Any more suggestions, please.

ringo11

Vu+ Newbie
I have several issues with my Duo2, which is running BH 2.0.7. I have posted the problems here for a while but no solution. Please help!!!! I need your kind help, our experts.

1. How to stop the receiver looking for network connection?

2. Enhanced Move Centre does not respound the RCU's directory selection when I try to move a file to a target directory.It means I cannot select the target diectory after I have selected the file)

Thanks in advance!

There are many issues that never are even looked into by the developers. Maybe because they think it is not an important issue.
But for the person who write the question it is important and he deserve at least an answer if the issue can be solved.

Referring to this topic: http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/subtitle-colour.9186/

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Any weather plugin or meteo service activated?

Check BH Speed up menu -> BhWeather -> disabled.
I will check it. I have disabled the LCD4linue's wheather setting (I set a wheater screen before, because of this issue, I have disabled it from the setting (LCD4linux).

Thanks again, We do need the expert as you.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Any weather plugin or meteo service activated?

Check BH Speed up menu -> BhWeather -> disabled.
Hi, Eragon. I have done some experiment. 1. I disabled the BH weather from BH speedup setting section. Reboot the system. The results is negtive. 2. I disabled my Whole Network by disabling the Lan from network setting. The problem is still there. 3. I even set up the name saver to the my DUO2 itself. It won't work too. One thing is interest. After I disabled the Lan from network setting. The error 2 starts even my routor is physically active. It means something (plugin or function or updating setting) countinusely looks for the name server, but not the BH weather. Would you have any suggestion? Is there any way to test who is looking for the name server?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Maybe if you could at least log on the router the traffic coming from the Duo2 when the lan is active: you will find the IP addresses the box tries to connect to.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Maybe if you could at least log on the router the traffic coming from the Duo2 when the lan is active: you will find the IP addresses the box tries to connect to.
That is a good idea, I will certainly try it. It is safe to try :p.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks everyone. The network issues have resolved. The problem was caused by the config settings of LCD4LINUX. The config has weather settings in several places. Need to delete all of weather related settings, disable the screen does not work.