Which model should I buy?

Which model should I buy?

• Total voters

adriankoooo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

I think I am ready to make switch from my Dream 800SE clone/500HD genuine sat box.

What I wait from the switch?

Speed and PIP (or record and watch program at the same time), reliability.

But I really can't decide which model should I buy from VU+:

Solo SE V2

+2015 hardware
+bigger flash 512MB
+price around 209€
-no HDD, nott a deal breaker, I am recording to NAS
-only 1 tuner, but it is a twin tuner - exactly what I need. I don't have more cables (I have 2), so I think I don't need more tuners.

Solo 2
+1x twin tuner? 2 input
+gigabit lan - does it matter?
-2012 older hardware
-256MB flash
price: 259€

Duo2
+2GB RAM
+2x twin tuner - 4 input
+display
+gigabit, wifi
-2012 hardware
price: 429€

4K:

The best. But do I really need it? I don't have 4K TV, I think it is a little bit overkill for me at this moment.
Price: around 500€

vu+_solo_4k_tabulka.jpg

kim1406

Vu+ Newbie
I'm using Uno. I wanted another VU+, I checked specifications and compared the prices, I liked the Solo4K very much, but it is very expensive. So, I decided to purchase Solo2. It is in the way.

adriankoooo

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for the reply. Can I ask why not the SE V2? It has more flash, and this is always good. And In my country it is 50€ cheaper than Solo2.

I just don't understand the difference between tuners:

SE V2:

1 x Twin tuner = 2 input

Solo 2:

2 x single(?) tuner = 2 input

kim1406

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for the reply. Can I ask why not the SE V2? It has more flash, and this is always good. And In my country it is 50€ cheaper than Solo2.

I just don't understand the difference between tuners:

SE V2:

1 x Twin tuner = 2 input

Solo 2:

2 x single(?) tuner = 2 input

Prior to purchase, I checked Vu+ official website and didn't found the SE V2, only Solo SE, and looking to the specifications of SE and Solo2, both are having almost same specs even RAM and Flash, but Solo2 is having 1G Lan speed, 2 toners, and it is advertized as PVR. "The Fastest Twin Tuner PVR on Earth".