Which one to buy

Denisaok

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All

Am new to the forum I am looking to buy a unit to replace my virgin box; been looking at the VU+ DUO 2
But have a few Q before I buy one thank you in advance

1) Is this the best box to replace my tivo record 2 + watch 1
2) what spec should i go for
3) Where to buy I live in east London (seen a lot on eBay but not sure which will do what I want)
4) Can I program it myself (or do I have to take to shop)

nunigaia

Hi All

Am new to the forum I am looking to buy a unit to replace my virgin box; been looking at the VU+ DUO 2
But have a few Q before I buy one thank you in advance

1) Is this the best box to replace my tivo record 2 + watch 1
2) what spec should i go for
3) Where to buy I live in east London (seen a lot on eBay but not sure which will do what I want)
4) Can I program it myself (or do I have to take to shop)

1) and 2) - See this link http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/what-to-buy-solo2-or-solo-se.21320/#post-161726

3) - Best take a look here http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/where-i-bought-my-vu-retailers-list.13/ , and try to buy to an official retailer.
4) - In this forum you´ll will have guides to do so, and you´ll found someone that helps you to do and how to do it!

Best regards
nunigaia

Denisaok

Vu+ Newbie
Right I believe i will buy the VU+ DUO 2
Sorry got a few more Q's
There seems to be a lot of different tuners some listed below
(1x DVB-S2 Twin + 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner)(1x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner)
(1x DVB-S2 Single + 1x DVB-C/T/T2 )
(2x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner)
(2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner)
1) Am I right in thinking (2x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner) will give me 4 tuners
2) How many channels can I record at the same time
3) Dose it have a app to set recordings from your phone?

Mick12334

Yes you can have 2x DVB-S2 Twin tuner cards, providing 4 separate tuners, with the possibility of recording upto 16 channels, on 4 transpnders, although I've never personally tested this, the most I've recorded is 4 channels, on two tuners, at the same time.
The third question depends on the software loaded, and available plugins, you can use a PC, and Webif, to set timers, and operate your VU+, so I suppose it should be posssible.

nunigaia

Thanks nunigaia

I will look at the links and come back
Yes you can have 2x DVB-S2 Twin tuner cards, providing 4 separate tuners, with the possibility of recording upto 16 channels, on 4 transpnders, although I've never personally tested this, the most I've recorded is 4 channels, on two tuners, at the same time.
The third question depends on the software loaded, and available plugins, you can use a PC, and Webif, to set timers, and operate your VU+, so I suppose it should be posssible.

See this link posted by Mick12334 http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...ve-channels-simultaneously.21207/#post-160907

1 ) If you have only sat reception ---> YES, but in that case i suggest to have multi antenas and LNB´s .

2 ) Read the link above

3 ) Yes, but i don´t schedule this ( don´t use ). --> It has for Iphone and Android!

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

For one Sat: to test verifiy in what sat your ant is positioned, if ASTRA 28.2 go -->

Note: This config is only for one SAT.

On your remote press:

Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Tuner configuration -> Tuner A ->

On:

Configuration Mode: Simple

Mode: Single

Satellite: Astra 28.2

screenshot.jpg

Send DiSEqC: no

Press OK

Upon your tuner configuration

go to automatic scan for scanning channels

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

nunigaia

it a solid white key on the epg

Ah .. Ok --> It means that the channel is encrypted !...

Now you are in time to search on the forum for tools like DVBedit, FTP tools, to Dreamset, playing with LCD4Linux, and lots of things you can do with your lovely STB.

Search in: Howto Section, plugins, skins, etc, you have on forum lots of information!

bye

best regards
nunigaia