Which system use to see channels in another TV?

DanielFran

BH Lover
Hi everyone!

I have today a Vu+ Ultimo connected via HDMI to my living room's TV and my lan home network.

My wish is to buy a new small TV to see channels in my kitchen only linked to my home network...

What is the best option?
Any suggestion for the TV?

Thanks

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi everyone!

I have today a Vu+ Ultimo connected via HDMI to my living room's TV and my lan home network.

My wish is to buy a new small TV to see channels in my kitchen only linked to my home network...

What is the best option?
Any suggestion for the TV?

Thanks

My consideration: Vu+ Solo (or other VU+) in kitchen on LAN with any TV, Vu+ Ultimo in living room acting as tuner server (2 or more independent LNB's connected).

DanielFran

BH Lover
Maybe a smartTV or any TV with dlna? A/V sender would be good aswell. Am I right?
This is one option but until today nobody confirms that it works!

I already made some investigation about mediatomb config file (see this thread: http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/index.php?posts/105402) but I did not have a dlna tv to test... waiting that someone try with last config file I share today in the thread.

DanielFran

BH Lover
My consideration: Vu+ Solo (or other VU+) in kitchen on LAN with any TV, Vu+ Ultimo in living room acting as tuner server (2 or more independent LNB's connected).
This is my last option due to the cost: 1 new TV + a new VU+ receiver!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
This is my last option due to the cost: 1 new TV + a new VU+ receiver!

Nobody was talking about a buget :).
I suggested only a 100% working solution ;). (small TV for kitchen linked to nework with a little help of Vu+)

Marley

Vu+ Newbie
I'm not sure if you're talking about the same thing that I have done and I'm happy with.
I bought a small box from an online store that it can be fixed with and receiver and it works like this,
all you need to pass cat5e or cat6e cable to the other room/s.
The one that I bought it can take up to 4 different TV rooms, obviously the same station the you see in one room you'r gonna get it in the other.

hope this will help you, I wish I could upload a pic of this box but I'm not sure if it's against the rules.

DanielFran

BH Lover
I'm not sure if you're talking about the same thing that I have done and I'm happy with.
I bought a small box from an online store that it can be fixed with and receiver and it works like this,
all you need to pass cat5e or cat6e cable to the other room/s.
The one that I bought it can take up to 4 different TV rooms, obviously the same station the you see in one room you'r gonna get it in the other.

hope this will help you, I wish I could upload a pic of this box but I'm not sure if it's against the rules.
I see what you mean. But I need to buy at least a small TV.

I have for now only 2 options:
1- 1 TV tdt + 1 new receiver: 150 eur + ?
2 - 1 SmartTV using Mediatomb from my ultimo: 230 eur

Obviously I want to spend less possible but with something working fine (see HD channels)

PS: I have cat5 or 6 cable in all the house! ;)