Wireless connection issues

Pat meegan

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I am a total noob to the vu community.I am having major trouble connecting my solo box with my router(I was previously using a wi-fi dongle).The router is working fine as i am using other devices off the broadband.

So basicallly when I do the network test it shows:
wireless- disconnected
IP- unconfirmed
Nameserver-unconfirmed

DHCP is clicked YES.
Primary and Secondary DNS is 8888 + 8844.
WPA or WPA2 is clicked

Note that when DHCP is clicked yes:
IP address : N/A
Netmask: N/A
Gayeway: N/A

Also note that sometimes when I do the network test it will show that "Wireless is ticked green".
I don't know why it is showing ticked green and sometimes not.

Any help will be appreciated as I have spent three days doing it to no avail.Cheers.

Pat meegan

Vu+ Newbie
It was a standard Vodafone dongle.It was working fine with it(a friend done the set up). now that I have installed broadband I cant get the box working properly

Mick12334

Please explain more about installing broadband.
Do you mean you have changed your router, hanged internet service provider, or other?

wayne74

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I am a total noob to the vu community.I am having major trouble connecting my solo box with my router(I was previously using a wi-fi dongle).The router is working fine as i am using other devices off the broadband.

So basicallly when I do the network test it shows:
wireless- disconnected
IP- unconfirmed
Nameserver-unconfirmed

DHCP is clicked YES.
Primary and Secondary DNS is 8888 + 8844.
WPA or WPA2 is clicked

Note that when DHCP is clicked yes:
IP address : N/A
Netmask: N/A
Gayeway: N/A

Also note that sometimes when I do the network test it will show that "Wireless is ticked green".
I don't know why it is showing ticked green and sometimes not.

Any help will be appreciated as I have spent three days doing it to no avail.Cheers.

Mick12334

What's the make/model of your new router?
Are you using the routers Wi-Fi for other devices, or are your other devices connected using cable?
As your USB Dongle was working before, with the old router, then that should still be working, unless you've made other changes, updated your VU+ image, etc.....
If you still have the old router, set it up, and see if the VU+ can still connect, using the dongle, and old router.