Wrong SKY UK EPG

wicpp

Vu+ Newbie
Most of the events in my EPG for most of the channels is showing the same program "Nick Higham talks to the writer". I am using CrossEPG and following are my Providers and their start order.

RYTEK UK BBCI XMLTV
RYTEK XMLTV
SKY UK OPEN TV

I have tried downloading the EPG many times but same program "Nick Higham ..." is appearing in many places. I am viewing my EPG with cooltv guide. One thing I have noticed is that when I view the program on the selected channel the EPG corrects itself to Program Actually running but it becomes wrong again when I download the EPG again.

I am using VU+ Solo 2 with Black Hole 2.0.8

I have tried deleting /media/hdd/epg.dat and /media/hdd/crossepg/*.dat by doing init 4, rm and init 3 via telnet. I have also tried Factory Reset and reinstalling Black Hole but non has fixed the problem.

yummer

BH Lover
Most of the events in my EPG for most of the channels is showing the same program "Nick Higham talks to the writer". I am using CrossEPG and following are my Providers and their start order.

RYTEK UK BBCI XMLTV
RYTEK XMLTV
SKY UK OPEN TV

I have tried downloading the EPG many times but same program "Nick Higham ..." is appearing in many places. I am viewing my EPG with cooltv guide. One thing I have noticed is that when I view the program on the selected channel the EPG corrects itself to Program Actually running but it becomes wrong again when I download the EPG again.

I am using VU+ Solo 2 with Black Hole 2.0.8

I have tried deleting /media/hdd/epg.dat and /media/hdd/crossepg/*.dat by doing init 4, rm and init 3 via telnet. I have also tried Factory Reset and reinstalling Black Hole but non has fixed the problem.
Just try using open TV on its own buddy... Working ok on mine

wicpp

Vu+ Newbie
Just try using open TV on its own buddy... Working ok on mine
I have already tried using SKY UK OPEN TV alone by not selecting the other providers and I made sure that only SKY UK OPEN TV was selected by looking at Providers Start Order in Cross EPG settings and the same problem was still there same program is shown in many places, it does not fix the problem.

Matrix10

Administrator
I have already tried using SKY UK OPEN TV alone by not selecting the other providers and I made sure that only SKY UK OPEN TV was selected by looking at Providers Start Order in Cross EPG settings and the same problem was still there same program is shown in many places, it does not fix the problem.

It is not the same
You must not use/enable both
you have to use only Open Tv for Sky UK (disable XMLTV (xepgdb) for Sky Uk)
Open Tv epg is epg download from SAT transponder and XMLTV (xepgdb) is download from net Rytec server.

Last edited:

wicpp

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for the response removing "RYTEK UK BBCI XMLTV" and "RYTEK XMLTV" and setting only "SKY UK OPEN TV" in the open TV providers, I had also removed epg.dat and the full crossepg folder by doing the following

init 4
rm /media/hdd/epg.dat
rm -r /media/hdd/crossepg
init 3

and redownloading the EPG from "Cross EPG Downloader" in addons have fixed the problem.

However there is one tiny problem the EPG for some (very few channels) is not available now, I do not remember their names but I do not care much about these channels so I can live with that.

One more question I have is that I was using following setting from last six month and I never saw any problem in my EPG information

RYTEK UK BBCI XMLTV
RYTEK XMLTV
SKY UK OPEN TV

Is there anything going wrong with RYTEK providers at the moment I mean their EPG information has suddenly gone wrong? Is it some wrong EPG update issue at Rytec servers?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi, @wicpp. I use OpenTV and cool tv guide. I have no noticeable issue (I have play the EPG for a while recently). Accoring to my understand, if you set the config as your last post, it depends on how you download the data. The possibility of having an erro in EPG data is higher comparing XMLTV to OpenTV. If I were you, I may just set the OpenTv as the only EPGdata provider providing you just need the E28 EPG information.

wicpp

Vu+ Newbie
Is there anyway to look at the "RYTEK UK BBCI XMLTV" or "RYTEK XMLTV" EPG on the internet for next 7 days etc, may be on some website. That way I can at least confirm that the EPG data is valid or not. I mean at the moment I can only see the EPG on the box itself and when you do that you are not sure which source is wrong that is Open TV or Rytek. There should be some way or website to see the Rytek EPG data.