XBMC internal player

Alecto28

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

today on my Duo2 I was going to watch ep11 of Dragon Ball Super :) through Channel1 addon and when I chose the first "bestreams.net" stream the video started playing in XBMCs internal player.

The video was laggy and there was no sound, but all the options were there, and I could even load subtitles.

I've never seen the XBMCs internal player on the Duo2 before and if I remember correctly ir was said that it didn't work in Black Hole images.

Is this right?

Regards.

nunigaia

Hello,

today on my Duo2 I was going to watch ep11 of Dragon Ball Super :) through Channel1 addon and when I chose the first "bestreams.net" stream the video started playing in XBMCs internal player.

The video was laggy and there was no sound, but all the options were there, and I could even load subtitles.

I've never seen the XBMCs internal player on the Duo2 before and if I remember correctly ir was said that it didn't work in Black Hole images.

Is this right?

Regards.

Give a try to MEDIAPLAYER2 to test it --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...mediaplayer2-as-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/
The installation procedure is the same on Blackhole 2.1.4 XBMC, 2.1.5, 2.16 and 2.17...

best regards
nunigaia

Alecto28

Vu+ Newbie
Hello nunigaia,

I have mediaplayer 2 installed and is what I use to watch streams in XBMC.

I was only stating the fact that the Duo2 runs the internal video player and its options work. Sure it was laggy but it did work.
I saw someone here in the forum saying that it wasn't possible to make the internal player work.

Regards.

nunigaia

Hello nunigaia,

I have mediaplayer 2 installed and is what I use to watch streams in XBMC.

1) - I was only stating the fact that the Duo2 runs the internal video player and its options work. Sure it was laggy but it did work.
2) - I saw someone here in the forum saying that it wasn't possible to make the internal player work.

Regards.

1) - Everybody nows that, and is free to change it, because there are lot of things mediaplayer2 can do, that mediaplayer ( embedded ) can´t.

• Download subtitles
  • Change screen aspect ratio 4:3 to 16:9, and policy letterbox, pan&san, nonlinear and just scale ( just need to press the 5 key on RCU to change it )
  • Play subtitles ( automaticaly )
  • Search subtitles, download and apply it.
  • Create with "o" key marks to position

Here is the controls:

• ZOOM/5 - change aspect ratio
  • RIGHT/LEFT - increase/decrease subtitles delay
  • INFO(I) - when pressed in file/play list, it shows info in CSFD plugin
  • SUBTITLES/TEXT - shows subtitles menu
  • TV - refreshes subtitles position, in MP2 0.59 shows subtitles status
  • 0 - mark position
  • NEXT(>) - go to next mark if available/go to next item in playlist
  • PREVIOUS(<) - go to previous mark if available/go to previous item in playlist
2) - I never saw this ... i saw users saying that have issues on using MEDIAPLAYER ( embedded ) or classic, as currently we called )), and because of this they change it to Mediaplayer2.

Although, your opinion is valid, and you are free to use it or not.

NOTE: I´ve sended a few months ago, an e-mail to VUPLUS, with the address of the developer to implement it on its Images, for making it the dafault player.

To let you know,mediaplayer2 is enigma2 plugin based on OpenPli mediaplayer plugin with added support for subssupport plugin for enhanced subtitles support.

best regards
nunigaia

Harley

Vu+ Newbie
Kodi's (XBMC's) internal player can do that and a lot more on any other platform than Vu+, so please don't confuse XBMC/Kodi internal player not working on Vu+ with it being incapapable in general. The true fact is that the internal player has not just been fully ported to the Vu+ so there is no support for hardware video decoding acceleration and rendering, and that currently makes it limited on Vu+ as it is now today, but only on Vu+.

When Kodi's nternal player has been fully ported to the Vu+ then using it will be a much better user experince than using an external player like mediaplayer2.

I would very much like to see Vu+ use XBMC's own internal player once support for native hardware video decoding acceleration and rendering have been added to Kodi.

As it is today I think that Vu+ today is kind of ruining the XBMC/Kodi experience by breaking the immersion of running the single application that is XBMC/Kodi media center GUI, as ight now Vu+ is instead launching a separate external media player application for a function that should be handled internally inside XBMC/Kodi for the best experince, and with that separate media player application has its own GUI that at its best can only try to emulate the look and feel of XBMC, but needs its own skin and changing skins in Kodi once again breaks that user experince.

So it would instead be in the best interest for Vu+ to fully port XBMC's own internal player and implement all the missing native hardware video decoding acceleration and rendering into it instead. Best all share the same XBMC's own native frontend GUI for a common unified interface for everything, and the end-user should not even really need to know what media player is running underneath at all.

By switching to using XBMC's own native frontend GUI you will again all the benefits on a common development community that all work towards the same goal to improve XBMC's own native frontend GUI and API interlace.

acinfo64

Vu+ Newbie
When I'm watch movie streams from the network a lot of times MediaPlayer2 stops after about 15 seconds. Are there some settings that will help?

If I want to try Enhanced Movie Center is there a plugin.py for that one?

Are there other player which I can try to solve the problem (watching streams from XBMC)?