XBMC Upgrade

Haris Abdullah

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I am running XBMC Gotham 13.2 on Vu+ Solo2 which comes with the Black Hole XBMC Beta 2 off course.

Is it possible to upgrade this to the newer version Kodi Helix 14.1? I have no knowledge whatsoever of Ubuntu.

bogdanm

Hi,

I am running XBMC Gotham 13.2 on Vu+ Solo2 which comes with the Black Hole XBMC Beta 2 off course.

Is it possible to upgrade this to the newer version Kodi Helix 14.1? I have no knowledge whatsoever of Ubuntu.
I think this mast be made VU+ and create helix version kodi to box. .
But when you look to helix you see was out now first bug fix version .....

rocuelo

Vu+ User
No.
Into next BH image there will be the XBMC 13.2 release.
also for solo4k boxes????

and one question I can't find any submenus on my remote control on my 4k... i try to delete some stuff on my xbmc and I can't......

for exemple on the addon RADIO I wanna make some specific station FAVORITE and I can't to add on MIS CHANNELS folder....on my old primscube box I was pressing on the remote the buttom I and was working...right now with the solo4k I can't...

hope u can give me some advice or help...

PS : ALSO when I play a video from some addon folder just runs only 30 or 40 seconds and stops... ;(

marko861

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
In case somebody wants to try, I managed to update kodi to 15.2 version for PLI image. Tested only on vusolose. Link to test images(no feeds only kodi plugin pre-installed) are at the bottom of the initial post:
Code:
http://forums.openpli.org/topic/40225-kodi-152-for-vusolose-vusolo2-and-vuduo2/

Last edited by a moderator:

bogdanm

Hi,
In case somebody wants to try, I managed to update kodi to 15.2 version for PLI image. Tested only on vusolose. Link to test images(no feeds only kodi plugin pre-installed) are at the bottom of the initial post:
Code:
Thanks for your great work.
This version is final or you still will be work on him and add some function or fix ?

marko861

Vu+ Newbie
@marko861 Sorry to ask here but how can install PVR IPTV Simple Client in this version of kodi
Looks like this plugin is not pure python plugin but also has c sources so has to be compiled for mips in order to work. Is it any good?

Thanks for your great work.
This version is final or you still will be work on him and add some function or fix ?
Thanks,

- I'm thinking about adding quick switching between enigma2/kodi without exiting Kodi, that should be doeable.
- fixing alsa support, so at least audio can be played with internal player

I don't know when I will have time to do this since have only one solo which is also shared.

But, Kodi is fully open-source also my modifications to it, so feel free to add to my efforts ;).

Also important note:

Looks like there is issue with starting kodi script, when no hdd is mounted to /media/hdd.

Best would be to post here or in openpli forum if kodi is not working output after running kodi.
i.e:

init 4; time 4; kodi

oldgraf

Vu+ Newbie
Looks like this plugin is not pure python plugin but also has c sources so has to be compiled for mips in order to work. Is it any good?
Thanks for reply and for great works you do
Have to add file with list of channels (even IPTV ) and this plugin play in live tv section. My provider give me the iptv list of channels and I can watch from kodi in any device

bogdanm

- I'm thinking about adding quick switching between enigma2/kodi without exiting Kodi, that should be doeable.
- fixing alsa support, so at least audio can be played with internal player
This will be great.

Nash

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you very much for your great work mate, do you know if we could port or install it over BlackHole 3.0.1E?

KillerFrog

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, first post, new.

When i try to play a movies in xmbc, nothing happen, even when xbmc show that it play the movie, format is .mkv, over LAN.

I just get a black screen, with tiny icons like forward/pause/play ect.

I have a LG UHD smart tv, and the VU+ Solo 4K box, updated with newest Black Hole image.

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi,
Code:

Very good @marko861,

promising development
I installed kodi-pli image in Multiboot configurations with Open Black Hole in flash DUO2.

thawtes

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
Code:
thank you @marko861 great post...