Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You are about to flash an eMMC flash, ...

Discussion in 'Newbies Questions & Infos' started by Lyze, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Lyze

Lyze Vu+ Newbie

Hi all,

I'm currently trying OpenBlackHole on my VuUno 4k SE. I like the backup tool. I've seen it offers an option to flash a backup back to the box without using a USB Stick. It has a big warning sign however:
    Code:
    You are about to flash an eMMC flash; we cannot take any responsibility for any errors or damage to your box during this process.
    Proceed with CAUTION!
    Are you sure you want to flash this image:
    {Image Name}
    Naturally I haven't tried it. I'm assuming the warning is there for a reason. So I am guessing flashing is only really supported on older Non-ARM boxes, correct? Might proceeding anyway to a nonbootable device that may not even be recovered by USB?

2. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

It's an absolutely normal advice: I no longer use the backups by USB flashdrives. The warning is normal: in case, it's the traditional USB flash method that does not warns you. Or do you think the flashing process differs if from a USB drive or the Internal HDD or a from a NAS?!? Flashing is flashing.

3. Lyze

Lyze Vu+ Newbie

Thanks a lot. In the meantime I've also done a few flashes without USB drives now. All of them went well. I was just a bit confused, because ofgwrite, which I am guessing OpenBlackHole is using to flash the image, has a big warning regarding VU+ Boxes. But that's probably just as you mentioned: normal risk from flashing