"You can record up to 16 Live channels simultaneously".

valdemirs

Vu+ Newbie
Reading data on VU+ Duo²´s site, I found this phrase:

"You can record up to 16 Live channels simultaneously".

vuplus.com/sub/sub0104.php

Can you explain me how this is possible ?

Mick12334

Quite simple, with a built in Hard Drive.
The Duo 2 has two card tuner slots, each tuner card can have 2 satellite tuners, thus 4 separate tuners, which need to be fed by 4 coax cables, either from a quad LNB, several fixed dishes, pointing at various satellites, or any other dish/LNB set up.
Thus you have Tuners A, B, C and D.
Each tuner works like an individual receiver, so you can record 4 different satellite transponders, each of which can broadcast a number of channels, generally 8-10, but can be more, or less. Once you start recording a program, on a transponder, on Tuner A, you can still view/record, other channels, using that transponder, on Tuner A, the same for B, C, and D, providing more than the 16 mentioned, which might be a software/harware limit.
Add to that you can install USB terrestrial tuners, or cable/terrestrial tuner card, and the options are too varied to go into.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
. Once you start recording a program, on a transponder, on Tuner A, you can still view/record, other channels, using that transponder, on Tuner A,
Moreover, if you have only 1 LNB and 2 tuners sharing the same LNB, it's possible to receive at the same time 2 channels from all the transponders that are on the same polarization (H/V) and same band (L/H).

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Cable TV (DVB-C) is more similar to DVB-T/T2 than to DVB-S/S2, in fact the Vu+ tuner is the same as for DVB-T/T2.

In our country we don't have cable TV, but based on the above speculation, I think that the same limitations exist as for digital terrestrial television.

nunigaia

With cable tunner, you only can record channels that are on the same frequency.

Best regards
nunigaia