2 twin tuners

cmihulet3

Vu+ Newbie
I have 2 twin tuners on my VU+ Duo 2 and each of them has a different satellite plugged in. I have no idea how to configure them properly. which one is a, b, c, d....etc how to configure them so i don't get the message tuner busy etc. If anyone can help me i would appreciate it.
Thank you very much.

Mick12334

If you only have one feed, from each satellite dish, going to each tuner, you just need to set each tuner up to single, and the satellite your dish is pointing at.
This seems somewhat of a waste, as you can fit quad LNB's, 4 outputs, and 4 Diseqc switches, and have each tuner capable of receiving all 4 satellite dishes.
Please post more detailed information, regarding your satellite set up.

AlexWilMac

If you don't explain how many dishes, cables, LNBs and outputs you have, i.e. if you don't explain your satellite equipment, it's difficult to answer. It's like asking how you can go to Rome if we don't know what means of transportation you own.

cmihulet3

Vu+ Newbie
Fair enough. As i am fairly new i didn't know whats needed. Here it goes:
one dish thor 6 twin lnb goes into tuner number one, the other dish astra 1k i think goes into tuner number 2.The first dish has a twin lnb and the second feed goes downstairs to another setup box.
I hope there is enough information.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me

Mick12334

Your technical information isn't the best, so please correct me, if I've read it wrong.
You have two satellite dishes, one pointing at Thor 0.8W, which has several satellites, co-located, including Thor 6. This has a twin LNB, 2 outputs, of which only one is being used, and the cable goes directly to Tuner 1.
The second dish is pointing at Astra 1, 19.2E, wiht several co-located satellites, including Astra 1KR, with a twin LNB, one of which cables goes directly into Tuner 2, on your VU+ receiver.
In which case you don't need to use the A,B,C,D options, as you aren't using a Diseqc switch.
You simply go into the Menu, Setup, System Searching, Tuner Configuration, Tuner A. Set this up as:
Configuration Mode - Simple
Mode - Single
Satellite - Thor 0.8W
Disecq - No

Then set Tuner B the same except Satellite - Astra 1, 19.2E.

Your setup is very basic and should be covered in the various setup guides.

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry, but I want to know , which is the reason for having 2 tuners, just only because in one tuner we can record, while we are watching another program in the other tuner ? Is it just the unique reason ?

Mick12334

Basically yes, it's like having two receivers, or even 4, with the Duo 2, and the extra 2xDVB-S2 tuner card, thus the ability to record 3 separate transponders and view any other transponder.

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
I want to know about the short cable that is inside of the box. Which is the right role of it ? Could I put it on the bottom part of Tuner A , and make a paralel in Tuner B, and then can I configure the tuner B like Tuner A ? Then if I record in a channel in Tuner A, I can even see another channel in Tuner B ? What do you think ? Is it right ?