Request 2160p 30hz option?

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
I use Blackhole 3.0.5 on my Vu Ultimo4k box connected to my LG 4K Smart TV. Connected directly I can have the Ultimo 4k set to 2160p mode and I get video and audio no problem on my LG TV. However I use a 4K HDMI splitter to connect my TV and HD Projector to my Ultimo 4K but when it`s set to 2160p I get no video/audio on my TV. When I first set this up about 3 weeks ago it worked no problem. I even had it working today for a while but it has gone again. Now over the weekend I tried various images like Openblackhole and OpenATV and noticed they have the option 2160p30hz in the A/V settings. When I chose this option the splitter worked no problem. But I prefer Blackhole image and wondered if it is possible to get the 2160p30hz option in future update of Blackhole image?

Thanx for all the great work.
meekey

Ev0

Admin
I use Blackhole 3.0.5 on my Vu Ultimo4k box connected to my LG 4K Smart TV. Connected directly I can have the Ultimo 4k set to 2160p mode and I get video and audio no problem on my LG TV. However I use a 4K HDMI splitter to connect my TV and HD Projector to my Ultimo 4K but when it`s set to 2160p I get no video/audio on my TV. When I first set this up about 3 weeks ago it worked no problem. I even had it working today for a while but it has gone again. Now over the weekend I tried various images like Openblackhole and OpenATV and noticed they have the option 2160p30hz in the A/V settings. When I chose this option the splitter worked no problem. But I prefer Blackhole image and wondered if it is possible to get the 2160p30hz option in future update of Blackhole image?

meekey
I tried to add the 2160p30 option to BH at the same time as I added it to OBH.

However with BH it is not possible, and would need to be added by Vu+

Contact99

Vu+ User

meekey
OOooooh I was just about to start a new thread on this and I saw this thread as I also bough a New 4K X 2 matrix Switcher for my Ultimo 4K as I replace the only 1080p Matrix Switcher so I can View the one and only 4K Satellite Channel on my 4K tv ON Asiasat 9 at 122 Deg east.

After suspecting that the Satellite 4K signal is over 30 Hz by testing upscaled another blu-ray player on a 1080p disk to 2160p and then I used a Oppo UDP 203 as I was able to change the Freq and after this I now realise that the Matrix Switch can't handle anything over 30HZ.

eeeEK It just about impossible to buy a Switcher or even a Matrix Switcher that does 4k @ 50 and 60Hz. I'm trying to find out what Hz is used on this Channel on Asiasat 4 Freq 4120H, S/R 29720 FEC 5/6
Does anyone know of hand what Freq is used for this 4K Channel

Last edited:

Contact99

Vu+ User
The Ultmo 4K using BH 3.0.5 how do you use the HDMI input? I don't remember anything on how to select it on the BH image or am I missing something on how to select it and use it. I'm trying to find another way to do the above
Thanks

Tururu

BH Lover
No use nunca la entrada HDMI, por otros compañeros, creo que es 720p.
Para ver las caracteristicas del canal 4K, graba 1 minuto y luego abre ese fichero con el programa MPC-HC (o similar), si miras propiedades, tendras los datos que pides.
-----------
Never use the HDMI input, by other partners, I think it's 720p.
To see the characteristics of the 4K channel, record 1 minute and then open that file with the MPC-HC program (or similar), if you look at properties, you will have the data you request.

Hot_Bird_Caracterisiticas_24_5_2017.jpg

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
The Ultmo 4K using BH 3.0.5 how do you use the HDMI input? I don't remember anything on how to select it on the BH image or am I missing something on how to select it and use it. I'm trying to find another way to do the above
Thanks
To use the HDMI IN function, long press the blue button on your remote and scroll down to select the HDMI In option. I have my Amazon TV connected to my HDMI IN and it works a treat. There is another 4K channel at 30*W, Sport TV 4K UHD, it shows football all the time.

meekey.

Contact99

Vu+ User
To use the HDMI IN function, long press the blue button on your remote and scroll down to select the HDMI In option. I have my Amazon TV connected to my HDMI IN and it works a treat. There is another 4K channel at 30*W, Sport TV 4K UHD, it shows football all the time.

meekey.
Yes my friend I live in the bottom half of the World and are not as lucky as some of you that lives in the top half that have plenty of channel to use or test. I like Tururu Bit rate viewer
Can you please confirm what Member Tururu say that the HDMI input is only 720P? I don't expect the input to be 4k but it would be good to be at least 1080i

Contact99

Vu+ User
No use nunca la entrada HDMI, por otros compañeros, creo que es 720p.
Para ver las caracteristicas del canal 4K, graba 1 minuto y luego abre ese fichero con el programa MPC-HC (o similar), si miras propiedades, tendras los datos que pides.
-----------
Never use the HDMI input, by other partners, I think it's 720p.
To see the characteristics of the 4K channel, record 1 minute and then open that file with the MPC-HC program (or similar), if you look at properties, you will have the data you request.

View attachment 35150
I like your Bit rate Viewer. I have "A" bit rate viewer on the Duo2 but none so far on the Ultimo 4K. I will see if I can download it from Addons/Manager>

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Yes my friend I live in the bottom half of the World and are not as lucky as some of you that lives in the top half that have plenty of channel to use or test. I like Tururu Bit rate viewer
Can you please confirm what Member Tururu say that the HDMI input is only 720P? I don't expect the input to be 4k but it would be good to be at least 1080i
Yes it`s 720.

meekey.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Yes it`s 720.

meekey.
What a Bummer. I might try this.
At the Moment I have the Matrix 4k@ 30 Hz 4 x 2 so I have 4 Satellite Boxes plugged into the Splitter via HDMI. So I have the Ultimo 4 K, On input 1, Duo2 on input 2, The Skybox A1 on input 3 and Another Sky Box on input 4.
The 2 outputs, Outputs "A" go to the Sony 75 inch Tv and output "B" to 24 inch monitor not far away can also be fed by all boxes

So what I will try I will have the HDMI going directly from the Ultimo 4K to our Sony KD 75X9400E. Now on the Matrix side of things I will have the Output "A" going to the Input of the Ultimo and by this if Needed I will be able to get Pics of either the Duo2 and or the two Skyboxes which are a Marvelous Boxes to have. Now Input 1 will be vacated and I will have not trouble of having another Skyboxbox A1 to fill its Position.

The Only issue I might have here is If I want to watch/test the Ultimo 4k I will not be able to use the Matrix Input 1 anymore because the HDMI lead goes directly to the 75 Inch Sony TV and I do not want to turn it on and off here and there thats the reason why I got the cheap 24 inch Monitor as the Monitor (Have 8 off them in my sat room) than can be used from any sat Boxes from and of my Dishes

The other issue I can see is the Untimo 4K has ONLY ONE OUTPUT and that is the one and only HDMI port. It would have been great even if it had a Composite output so I could have used that just for the setting or setting the Ultimo 4K up for whatever I do
Now Since I have no more outputs to use I can used the 4 Inch Ultimo 4K screen to turn on and Off HDMI Front.
Have I missed Something? or are they other ways of getting a simple even a 576i or p out of the Ultimo elsewhere via ethernet

Contact99

Vu+ User
I decide to go another way. I have purchased a 4 input to 1 output 4K 50-60 HZ Switcher (Not matrix as they are too EXPENSIVE) and a 1 input to 2 output 50-60Hz Splitter and some HDMI v2.0 cable and all should be ok and will do what I want it to do.
There are a big difference between the 4K 60 Hz Switcher ( around $130) compared to the same that are Matrix that has two outputs and you cannot get them 4X2 so you need to but a 8X8 this is Matrix that does 4K @ 60Hz (cost around $1200)

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
I still don’t understand why a 4K 60gz splitter will not pass 2160p to the TV. I’ve tried 3 different ones now.

I decide to go another way. I have purchased a 4 input to 1 output 4K 50-60 HZ Switcher (Not matrix as they are too EXPENSIVE) and a 1 input to 2 output 50-60Hz Splitter and some HDMI v2.0 cable and all should be ok and will do what I want it to do.
There are a big difference between the 4K 60 Hz Switcher ( around $130) compared to the same that are Matrix that has two outputs and you cannot get them 4X2 so you need to but a 8X8 this is Matrix that does 4K @ 60Hz (cost around $1200)

Contact99

Vu+ User
I still don’t understand why a 4K 60gz splitter will not pass 2160p to the TV. I’ve tried 3 different ones now.
I spoke over the Phone about the Issue of Matrix 4K 60 Hz switched being WAYYYY to expensive they can go over $2500 and the girl there told me to tell her if you have any issue with them. They say the 4 input 1 output switcher 4K @ 60 does do well ($130) and also the Splitter ($75)(4K @ 60) that has 1 in and 2 out. In my experiments I connected the TV HDMI direct to the Ultimo 4K and got great Picture of of Satellite in 4K but when I turn everthing off and connected FIRST the Marix 4 X 2 @ 30 Hz I got no pictures.
Now after this I removed the Marix and plugged the one and only Splitter that its rated at 4K @ 30 and I got NO pictures. I MADE SURE the Small lead was a V 2.0 18 G/b HDMI lead but still no pictures.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
My Ultimo 4k only shows a 4k picture on my TV if the option for 4k@30hz is in the Ultimo settings. Which it isn`t on the latest Blackhole image. But I can`t understand why a 60hz 4k splitter does not show pictures on my TV when the Ultimo settings are 60hz 4k.

meekey.

Matrix10

Administrator
My Ultimo 4k only shows a 4k picture on my TV if the option for 4k@30hz is in the Ultimo settings. Which it isn`t on the latest Blackhole image. But I can`t understand why a 60hz 4k splitter does not show pictures on my TV when the Ultimo settings are 60hz 4k.

meekey.
Does this splitter convert 30Hz to 60Hz?

Matrix10

Administrator
Not that I`m aware of.

meekey.

How then do you mean to have a picture with 30 Hz input at 60 Hz settings in A/V from image/box.
Using the splitter does not change the thing, as far as I understand it.
If you connect 30 Hz to the splitter you get 30 Hz again out.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
How then do you mean to have a picture with 30 Hz input at 60 Hz settings in A/V from image/box.
Using the splitter does not change the thing, as far as I understand it.

In the Ultimo 4k settings using latest Blackhole the options are 2160p with either 50hz, 60hz or multi. Using these settings I get no picture when using the 60hz splitter. Now I have tried other images on the Ultimo 4k which give me the option of 2160p 30hz, the splitter then gives me a picture. I am not trying to get 30hz input at 60hz. I`m pointing out the fact the Ultimo 4k will not give 60hz input when using a 60hz splitter.

meekey.