Addons download manger pin required

Stephenmlt

Vu+ Newbie
I have a vu plus which I bought 2 years ago. I need to install genesis and it said download from downloads manager. I m requested to enter pin. Can anyone send me the pin please.

Thanks.

Matrix10

Administrator
I have a vu plus which I bought 2 years ago. I need to install genesis and it said download from downloads manager. I m requested to enter pin. Can anyone send me the pin please.

Thanks.

Well you or someone else has activated PIN
The default PIN is 0000 but I think someone changed your PIN
or not .If not press OK
If you not like to have PIN disable in Addons Parental Control

Stephenmlt

Vu+ Newbie
I know pin for parental control but it's not the same for this. I have tried 0000 but it does not work also. I disabled parental control but still I m required to enter pin

Matrix10

Administrator
I know pin for parental control but it's not the same for this. I have tried 0000 but it does not work also. I disabled parental control but still I m required to enter pin

Strange
I have not the same .

PIN is the same for both parental control and download.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Already tried with the most common combinations?
etc...
etc...

[Better move this thread to the International section.]

Wendy

Vu+ User
Goto Menu>Setup>Software Management>Advanced>backup location>OK
Press OK on the desired location such as harddisk
Press Exit once only>System backup>OK
A file named enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz is generated and should be found in media/hdd (or in your desired backup location)
Exit completely
Copy the tar.gz file to PC and extract it
Open folder and goto etc/enigma2/settings
Open the settings file with Notepad++
Your pin will be found on the line named config.bhaddons.pin=
Good luck

Stephenmlt

Vu+ Newbie
I have tried to make system update....it started to download and install some files. Asked to reboot and died...can anyone help please. Green led is on but no sign of vu working on TV. TV show no signal msg.

Wendy

Vu+ User
Why system
I have tried to make system update....it started to download and install some files. Asked to reboot and died...can anyone help please. Green led is on but no sign of vu working on TV. TV show no signal msg.

Why system update???
Above is clearly stated:-

Press Exit once only>System backup>OK

Clearly not system update.

Mick12334

The image loads at the beginning of booting up, if it's not reaching that far then it might be a hardware fault.
Did you check that your VU+ was genuine, and not a clone, before updating?
Which model VU+ do you have? If it has a power switch, at the rear, turn it off, insert your USB stick, with a suitable Black Hole image installed, then power on, your receiver, and follow the instructions for loading Black Hole, for your VU+ model.

Stephenmlt

Vu+ Newbie
It should be genuine. It has no power switch on the back and not showing anything on tv when I switch on the vu. Only green light and it flickers when I press buttons on remote. Where can I download this software to install again. The model is VU+ Solo.