audio dd+?

fandos

Vu+ User
good night in Spain we have the main public channel tve tdt hd dd + audio, image could be corrected in an official or would have to seek additional plugin that solves this?:confused:, greetings.

fandos

Vu+ User
tamaki thank you very much, is very good news because many users are owners vu + Spain we need a solution, greetings.

Reactions: r27

fandos

Vu+ User
I do not expect less from black hole vu + and very grateful for the answer, this is a blow on top of the table to see what is the best team deco and which users care about, lol
wait for fresh news this week.

Tamaki

Administrator
I received an answer from vu+ about this issue.

It is difficult to support Dolby Digital Plus at the moment, as vu+ doesn't have a license of DD+, and is not allowed to support it.

Vu+ will check with the buyer in Spanish regarding this issue.
Vu+ will consider supporting DD+ seriously but before that vu+ needs to have a license about DD+.

Vu+ will inform us when DD+ will be supported.

ber

Vu+ Newbie
"It is difficult to support Dolby Digital Plus at the moment, as vu+ doesn't have a license of DD+"

I think not quite right. The license is no problem they have even license for DD then maybe a small extra amount must be paid.
Broadcom told that the BCM7335 doesn't support DD+ only DD. Only the newer broadcoms chip support DD+
So it's hoping that Broadcom support DD+ for BCM7335 but the change I think is not large.

malakudi

Vu+ Newbie
aac+ could be implemented in software. Of course it will never be implemented in original image, because the open source implementation maybe is in violation of the AAC+ patents. Similar to software DTS downmix that is already implemented in PLI, this could also be implemented, at least for VU Duo (VU solo doesn't have the FPU performance for software decoding). BCM7335/7325 doesn't suppport AAC+ in hardware decoder. BCM7405 does.

You could request your content provider to switch to AAC instead of AAC+. The improvement of AAC+ is negligible when it comes to tv transmissions. All equipment that has AAC+ support can be switched to AAC.