bh 2.01 how install picons please i want to install via ftp or usb

hassanen

Vu+ Newbie
can anyone please help me how to install picons where i ftp them on usr/share/enigma2 if yes i did that ftp picons on usr/share/enigma2 restarted box but still not showing any ideas.

hassanen

Vu+ Newbie
ftp picons on usr/share/enigma2 restarted the box but still cant the picons can it be that i use diffrent skins idk using blackshadow3 skins.

cgj97

Vu+ Newbie
got it thankyou

Hi, can you tell me how you got the picons working? I backed up my whole picon folder from BH 1.7.9 and after re-flashing to V2.01 I then ftp'd this folder (picon) to /usr/share/enigma2/ so I didnt have to create the folder as I had it already backed up - then I ch mod the folder to 755 and the only channels that are working are my DTT channels. My satellite channels will not show the picons??? very strange!!

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi, can you tell me how you got the picons working? I backed up my whole picon folder from BH 1.7.9 and after re-flashing to V2.01 I then ftp'd this folder (picon) to /usr/share/enigma2/ so I didnt have to create the folder as I had it already backed up - then I ch mod the folder to 755 and the only channels that are working are my DTT channels. My satellite channels will not show the picons??? very strange!!

Are you sure you copied all picons.
Specifically solo flash is small for picon.
if you overfill the flash image will have poor performance.
USE USB stick for picon

cgj97

Vu+ Newbie
Are you sure you copied all picons.
Specifically solo flash is small for picon.
if you overfill the flash image will have poor performance.
USE USB stick for picon
My apologies, I am using Vu+ Uno, but I am getting same problem as above with Vu+ Solo users - Anyway I tried using USB and installed 28.2E USB picons from server but I still cant see the picons for my Sat channels???

Feedhunter

Vu+ User
Hi mate,

do you have mount the USB stick to media/usb?

Then you create a folder picon on the USB stick and copy them pure.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 133
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 123

cgj97

Vu+ Newbie
Yes did all that - Formatted the USB via blue panel using ext2, then mapped it to media/usb then dowloaded from BH server picons 28.2e USB. Then checked the picons were in media/usb/picon and made sure the folder picon is ch mod to 755. Then turned off/on STB and still cannot see the picons on my Sat channels but I do see my DTT picons on my DTT channels???? What have I done wrong???

Feedhunter

Vu+ User
I would copy the picons manual on the USB stick. So you can get sure, that there are on the stick.

Perhaps the picons have been copied to usr/share/enigma/picon?!

cgj97

Vu+ Newbie
I would copy the picons manual on the USB stick. So you can get sure, that there are on the stick.

Perhaps the picons have been copied to usr/share/enigma/picon?!
I have also copied them manually on to the stick with yes to overwrite - I also have them in usr/share/enigma2/picon - that's when I got my DTT picons working only.

Feedhunter

Vu+ User
Delete the folder picon in usr/share/enigma2!

Only a folder picon on your USB stick which is mounted to media/usb.

Matrix10

Administrator
Done that - still doesnt work - Puzzled?????

Which skin and which picon you exactly use ?

The only thing to do is mount USB stick
Download picon from the server.
And nothing more.
It simply must work if you use our skins.

WHICH skin you use.

cgj97

Vu+ Newbie
I am using default skin and I started off using my picon folder which I was using and working on BH 1.7.9 - The first thing I did when I re-flashed with BH 2.01 was to restore this picon folder to usr/share/enigma2 and my DTT picons worked straight away but my Sat channels did not. I have deleted all picon folders and downloaded from server but still not working - I'm giving up at stage and going back to BH 1.7.9 or another image.

I am using default skin and I started off using my picon folder which I was using and working on BH 1.7.9 - The first thing I did when I re-flashed with BH 2.01 was to restore this picon folder to usr/share/enigma2 and my DTT picons worked straight away but my Sat channels did not. I have deleted all picon folders and downloaded from server but still not working - I'm giving up at stage and going back to BH 1.7.9 or another image.
dtt=terrestrial?
for sat picons you need to mount your usb stick first if you kept them there

Alex0202

Vu+ Newbie
How i can save picon to the Avalon Universe?

If i download picons from the feed it will be downloaded to /usb/picon - directory.

But where i can put my picons to the universe directorie?

Thanks