BH Problem on my Duo2

manutd4life

Vu+ Newbie
I flashed, i think 2.1.4 on my Duo2 last night, restored all my settings and it was working fine. I turned the box off last night before bed. Came to turn it on this morning and the BH startup image is just on the screen, it wont start the box up.

Mick12334

How did you turn the reeiver off? Using your remote, so it's in standby mode, or using the switch, at the rear?
Try switching off, at the rear, for a couple of minutes, then switch back on again.
If this fails try loading the Black Hole image again.

manutd4life

Vu+ Newbie
i use the remote. it wont let me flash an image yet. Got the box turned off at the rear and ill stick 2.1.5 on. Same thing happened yesterday though.

Matrix10

Administrator
i use the remote. it wont let me flash an image yet. Got the box turned off at the rear and ill stick 2.1.5 on. Same thing happened yesterday though.

Did you push the button above the USB connector on the front panel DUO2 ,
when you flash new image ??

put the USB stick with image USB connector on the front
Turn on the receiver
and then push the button above the USB connector.

manutd4life

Vu+ Newbie
Finally got it sorted, i left the box off for 30 mins and it decided to work. Still not putting the box in "hard standby" just incase it doesnt boot back up.

Etel

Vu+ Newbie
I can flash my vu+duo2 with blackhole 2.1.4 image OK but when it comes to blackhole 2.1.5 the box flashes OK but will just not load any advice would be greatly appreciated

Mick12334

Are you certain you have downloaded the correct version, of black Hole 215, for your receiver?
Which model, of the VU+, do you have?

Etel

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your reply, the model I have is the VU+Duo2. I am certain that I have down loaded the correct version i.e Blackhole 2.1.5, when I boot up the box it hangs after showing the initial flash screen on the TV "then goes no further" just showing the boot loader in the display screen and the small adjacent white light on the VU+Duo2.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Etel

Vu+ Newbie
Have you used the same pendrive for both?
Thank you for your reply, yes I have used the same pen drive for both images, after formatting the drive. Also I have tried with other pen drives and have had the same experience i.e. it will load Blackhole 2.1.4 and not Blackhole 2.1.5.

Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mick12334

Try deleting the current download, of Black Hole 215, from your PC, then download it again:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-vu-duo2-2-1-5.21515/

Unzip the Black Hole 215 file and extract the vuplus folder to your USB stick. Then try loading the new version, in the usual manner.
Turn off the receiver, at the rear.
Insert the USB stik, in the front USB port.
Turn on the receiver, at the rear, hold in the front power switch, near the front USB port, until the receiver states reading USB.
Once loading has completed remove the USB stick and allow the receiver to boot up.

Moki

Vu+ Newbie
If there are additional USB plugged into the back of the box be sure to exclude.
I have this problem until I exclude it.

Etel

Vu+ Newbie
Try deleting the current download, of Black Hole 215, from your PC, then download it again:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-vu-duo2-2-1-5.21515/

Unzip the Black Hole 215 file and extract the vuplus folder to your USB stick. Then try loading the new version, in the usual manner.
Turn off the receiver, at the rear.
Insert the USB stik, in the front USB port.
Turn on the receiver, at the rear, hold in the front power switch, near the front USB port, until the receiver states reading USB.
Once loading has completed remove the USB stick and allow the receiver to boot up.
Thank you for your detailed reply - I will try again following your advice - Best regards

Etel

Vu+ Newbie
If there are additional USB plugged into the back of the box be sure to exclude.
I have this problem until I exclude it.
Thank you for your reply, I do use a pen drive in the rear of the box "for storing channel information downloads" but I always make sure this is removed prior to re-flashing the box.

Once again thank you for your advice, any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Etel

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your detailed reply - I will try again following your advice - Best regards
Down loaded a new image via the link provided after removing the old image from my computer, flashed the box in the specified way, however, once again whilst the image flashes OK the box will still not boot up other than initially showing the flash screen on the TV.

Any further advice would be welcomed.