Black Hole 2.0.0 doesn't refresh epg on VU+Duo

luismgh

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there,

I recently installed Black hole 2.0.0 and everything is fine except the EPG refresh.
The EPG doesn't refresh unless i change to other channel and return to the same channel again.
I've already made everything to solve the situation without results, including installation of EPG refresh plugin.
Anyone have a clue to solve this situation?
Regards,

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi there,

I recently installed Black hole 2.0.0 and everything is fine except the EPG refresh.
The EPG doesn't refresh unless i change to other channel and return to the same channel again.
I've already made everything to solve the situation without results, including installation of EPG refresh plugin.
Anyone have a clue to solve this situation?
Regards,

Please, upgrade to BH 2.0.1 and next do an online update to rev. A.

what epg do you mean: bh or crossepg?
where do you save it? is this device mounted?
how many providers have you set up? refresh interval?
please post a little bit more details

luismgh

Vu+ Newbie
what epg do you mean: bh or crossepg?
where do you save it? is this device mounted?
how many providers have you set up? refresh interval?
please post a little bit more details

It's the bh epg, the one shown on the infobar when OK remote button is pressed.
I've saved it in the HDD.
I've set 2 providers (Zon and MEO). Refresh interval, i presume it's once per day.

We have two epg clients - bh epg panel and cross epg. Infobar shows epg read from the file (and it doesn't matter you use bh or crossepg) or directly from satellite.
You need to configure your epg client first - I personally use cross epg and save it on USB (your hard drive goes to sleep if is not used - disable that option if you want to use hdd for epg data - but I think it's pointless to keep spinning your drive just for epg).
I know that's my opinion and some people here do not agree with me - but if cross epg is correctly configured - it works as a charm - been posting here many times how to configure cross epg...
My settings (menu > setup > crossepg):
storage device: usb stick,
enable csv import: yes
force epg reload on boot: yes
download on tune: yes
scheduled download: DISABLED
show as plugin: yes
show as extension: yes
show 'force reload' as plugin: yes.

Then update rytec and xepgdb providers. Select your required providers from 'XEPGDB providers' - in your case it will be two only.
Then click 'download now' and when it'll finish - just click 'force epg reload'.
And all should work - it does with me.
I do not use scheduled download option for two reasons:
1. epg server is sometimes busy and will not update your epg at all;
2. it's better to see what vu+ is downloading than guess later on why my epg is empty.
Manually downloaded epg (through plugin) lasts for approx. 4 days (it also depends from provider) - so I need to run manual download every 3-4 days.
Just try it :)

paolino

Vu+ User+++
...(your hard drive goes to sleep if is not used - disable that option if you want to use hdd for epg data - but I think it's pointless to keep spinning your drive just for epg).
I know that's my opinion and some people here do not agree with me - ....

One of this person is me :yes:...

Hi darian23! Just kidding :haha:.

My opinion: Linux based enigma2 is smart enough to wake up your sleeping HDD (for SWAP or EPG access) before it will run out of low RAM memory. Maybe this is :offtopic:?

you've got an example above - @luismgh has already epg data saved on his hdd and it fails - do you suggest it's image bug? :chair:
Or his box is less smarter than yours? :lol:

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I've set 2 providers (Zon and MEO). Refresh interval, i presume it's once per day.

Did you upgrade to BH 2.0.1 and update to rev. A? Your answer is Yes or No ?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
you've got an example above - @luismgh has already epg data saved on his hdd and it fails - do you suggest it's image bug? :chair:
Or his box is less smarter than yours? :lol:

Sorry!
I edited the post by mistake!
See my post below,,,there is Zon & MEO) providers

rytec spain providers :)
It's nothing to do with the skin :)
He has no epg at all when pressing OK; that's what I understand.
:)

No, I didn't upgrade to 2.0.1 yet.

don't do it if you're happy with your image. Just update your rytec providers, select those suitable to you (spain prov)

Please See My post below!
RgdZ
a911

believe me it's working with me. Do not google, just use it. Meo/Zon from Hispasat :

a911

The BH Lover
There is ,from Open Pli , as posted there!

by Rytec EPG Team

"Posted 7 April 2010 - 08:39
The epg for the portugese providers MEO and ZON (TVCabo) has been included in the rytec sources.

The portugese file has been combined with the Spanish (D+) xml file.

If you want to include the protugese epg on your box pls. select the the rytec Dplus XMLTV option. (The text to show the meo/ZON providers has to be adapted - but it is not for the moment).

Have fun.

Willy "

There is ,from Open Pli , as posted there!

by Rytec EPG Team

"Posted 7 April 2010 - 08:39
The epg for the portugese providers MEO and ZON (TVCabo) has been included in the rytec sources.

The portugese file has been combined with the Spanish (D) xml file.

If you want to include the protugese epg on your box pls. select the the rytec Dplus XMLTV option. (The text to show the meo/ZON providers has to be adapted - but it is not for the moment).

Have fun.

Willy "

I've answered to this post above - when you posted it as paolino. Meo and Zon providers are INCLUDED within portuguese and spanish providers from Hispasat.
You're quoting something from 2010 which was long time ago...
I use it and I know it.
End of story.

a911

The BH Lover
I've answered to this post above - when you posted it as paolino. Meo and Zon providers are INCLUDED within portuguese and spanish providers from Hispasat.
You're quoting something from 2010 which was long time ago...
I use it and I know it.
End of story.

Good to Know That!
Lets try to solve the problem!

@a911 mate, what a silly conversation.
I use cross epg as we discussed some time ago. And believe me - it works - I have tested it for so long (obviously excluding time I spent here :p)
Problem will be solved if he will update epg providers and follow my tutorial - as I posted it above - I've attached some screenshots - I use catseye motor list - latest version of course.
Take a look please

Attachments

• crossepg_settings.jpg
    crossepg_settings.jpg
    708 KB · Views: 83
  • hispasat_providers.jpg
    hispasat_providers.jpg
    652.1 KB · Views: 74
  • hispasat_meo_catseye_list.jpg
    hispasat_meo_catseye_list.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 66
  • hispasat_zon_catseye_list.jpg
    hispasat_zon_catseye_list.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 64
  • meo_epg_catseye_list.jpg
    meo_epg_catseye_list.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 66
  • zon_epg_catseye_list.jpg
    zon_epg_catseye_list.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 62

a911

The BH Lover
Thanx D23,,,,

I use only crossepg and openTv epg, stored @HDD!

screenshot.jpg

screenshot (1).jpg
Get up to 7 days epg-info!
So far so good NO crashes.

BH Epg backup is disabled!
And no scheduled epg refresh!