Black Hole Vu+ Solo 1.7.0 Multiboot Full Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dachtus

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to all!!!
I am experiencing a new issue to me with a NFS mounted HDD to my STB...
I decided to post it in this thread because i do not want to open a new one, moreover, i think it concerns the new image (???), as well!
Well...
I have the STB with a usb stick on the back usb slot (epg, picons, swap mem) and a media player (eGreat M34a - Linux based) with an external HDD (Sata WD 1T) conected by an eSata cable....
They are (STB-Media Player) both connected via an ethernet Gb Hub...
I browsed my local net with the network browser of Solo, i found the HDD of the media player and i mounted the disc on Solo!
I set the recorder paths after all...
And here it is...
I can record (even HDD content), timeshift and play even 1080p mkv's from the HDD of the media player through my STB!!!
Here is the problem now...
If the media player (and disc, of course) is always ON, the STB cooperates with it perfectly, even if the STB restarts, shutdown or close and start again (by AC)...
If i close the media player (no matters if i close the HDD, too), the STB stops to be mounted with the disc, although the mount point on the network browser of Solo indicates that there is, indeed, a mount point there (the small NFS icon with the disc is grey, not green, that indicates that it is working)...
Problem is solved when i mount again the HDD on the Solo...
I do not know if it is a problem of this image (although i do not think so) because i had not tested before with other versions...
I know that this is not a common issue and the STB is not there to work with the HDD of a media player...
I post this issue here in order to find out a solution (maybe) and report an unusual problem of Solo's mount process...
I think it is not a proper way to mount the HDD every time i close the disk...
Let me know if there is a solution or any ideas on this problem...
Thanks for all the community here!

Matrix10

Administrator
If i close the media player ????

I do not have a media player
so Is it a standby or Shutdown ??

In fact I am using a network HDD ,CIFS mount (no media player, but in principle it is the same)
and I have no problem if the HDD went into standby.
Is it possible to mount media player cifs and have you test CIFS mount.

fcxpress

Vu+ Newbie
Well, I had a similar setup as yours: solo + NAS + media player.
The solo mounts the volume of the NAS using CIFS. I noticed that when the HDDs of the NAS go to standby, I cannot access my media or the solo cannot record directly, HDD have to wake up first.
I installed an SNMP monitoring tool on the NAS and this worked the problem arround as a side effect (collected SNMP responses need to be recorded somewhere on the HDDs of the NAS).
As an advice, you should only mount a network drive if it is attached to a device that is 99,99% of the time up (e.g. a NAS or a dedicated media coputer that you leave on).

gh_n

Vu+ Newbie
I do not have a media player
so Is it a standby or Shutdown ??

In fact I am using a network HDD ,CIFS mount (no media player, but in principle it is the same)
and I have no problem if the HDD went into standby.
Is it possible to mount media player cifs and have you test CIFS mount.
hi ,Admin
i have the same problem when i Shutdown the pc?
and i have to mount the shared folder on pc every time when i switch on the pc
any idea ?

Matrix10

Administrator
I have not tested with the PC off.

Everything depends on the support of the PC , NAS, Media Player ,Network HDD software etc.

Dachtus

Vu+ Newbie
Well, i have to welcome back again all of you and thank you so much for your work and your patience to us!
About the mount problem i posted last week and i can see that occurs on others users as well...
Confirmed at last...
VuSolo always lost the mount share path whenever the other machine (PC, NAS, Media Player with an external HDD) shutdown, hibernates or restarts...
I hope to find out a solution on this...
It is a pity not having a network share stable on this brilliant STB and this awesome image...

Shiro

BH-C
Well, i have to welcome back again all of you and thank you so much for your work and your patience to us!
About the mount problem i posted last week and i can see that occurs on others users as well...
Confirmed at last...
VuSolo always lost the mount share path whenever the other machine (PC, NAS, Media Player with an external HDD) shutdown, hibernates or restarts...
I hope to find out a solution on this...
It is a pity not having a network share stable on this brilliant STB and this awesome image...

Try the mount system in the latest 1.7.1 : Blue -> Blue -> Network Browse & Mountpoints

Status
Not open for further replies.