Black Hole Vu+ Solo2 2.0.3 Hyperspace

Tamaki

Administrator
Do not format the USB stick in box. It formats t to extX filesystem which causes hanging of the box on starting. Format it in computer, use FAT32 filesystem and try again.
You can also try to create two partitions on the USB stick - first small (FAT32) and second big extX or whichever fs you need.

I format my usb stick in the box, but i don't have any problem with stuck.
I don't think the problem is the way you format usb stick.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Well, it is a known problem of Duo, I thought it might be worth giving it a try with Solo2 as well :)

I formatted my TDK 8GB on Solo2, 2 partitions, universes and picons with Blue > Blue > USB format wizzard > without any problem. BH 2.0.3 default install, only my Czech and Slovak languages modified for testing.

Katikakus

Vu+ User
Green->yellow->Addons download manager->BH feeds plugins->passwordchanger
Install the plugin, it will enable you to change the password. However, I recommend connecting to box via telnet or putty and using the command passwd to change the password. No need to install plugin.

papi1962

Vu+ Newbie
Do not format the USB stick in box. It formats t to extX filesystem which causes hanging of the box on starting. Format it in computer, use FAT32 filesystem and try again.
You can also try to create two partitions on the USB stick - first small (FAT32) and second big extX or whichever fs you need.

So-if i format in the pc with fat32 - i can mount it and i can save file on it. But if i want to instal meoboot there is no device avaliable and it requested to format if i format by box then is hanging at the start, so how can i use meoboot?

Katikakus

Vu+ User
Create two partitions - first format to Fat32, second format in box to ExtX. But it appears, that Solo2 does not suffer from the ExtX Starting bug as Duo does.

However you can try and see if it helps.

Matrix10

Administrator
So-if i format in the pc with fat32 - i can mount it and i can save file on it. But if i want to instal meoboot there is no device avaliable and it requested to format if i format by box then is hanging at the start, so how can i use meoboot?

You have to try with another USB sticks.
Cheapest 2 to 4 Gb, working without problems

Rayban

Vu+ Newbie
Green->yellow->Addons download manager->BH feeds plugins->passwordchanger
Install the plugin, it will enable you to change the password. However, I recommend connecting to box via telnet or putty and using the command passwd to change the password. No need to install plugin.

Thanks.
But after change password, I can not use it. I can not use DCC or VUCC.

What to do?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Thanks.
But after change password, I can not use it. I can not use DCC or VUCC.

What to do?

VUCC is asking for psswrd at launch. If you don't remember it, reflash with clean BH 2.0.3 Try to use for User:root, Psswrd:vuplus.

kostikos

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.. Could you edit the skin so that when using a motor it would say to which satellite you are turning during zapping?

carwash

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I have a slight problem when installing this image in to my Solo2!
I Have a brand new Solo2 and I can install this image no problem, the problem is when I try to install the same image from the same USB stick in to my 2sd Box! "SOLO2"
It installs OK but when loading it stays stuck on Loading GUI
I then re-install my Backup with no problems! I have deleted the backup file from media usb file before installation.

All Help welcome

Regards

Mito

Administrator
Hi

I have a slight problem when installing this image in to my Solo2!
I Have a brand new Solo2 and I can install this image no problem, the problem is when I try to install the same image from the same USB stick in to my 2sd Box! "SOLO2"
It installs OK but when loading it stays stuck on Loading GUI
I then re-install my Backup with no problems! I have deleted the backup file from media usb file before installation.

All Help welcome

Regards
Try to follow all advices you can find in How to update Vu+ images thread.

carwash

Vu+ Newbie
I have! I use this Usb stick in all my updates or Clean Images,
I can use this stick to re-install the backup I've made before i decided to update to 2.0.3 rev

Regards

Mito

Administrator
I have! I use this Usb stick in all my updates or Clean Images,
I can use this stick to re-install the backup I've made before i decided to update to 2.0.3 rev

Regards
Try to use another usb stick or try to install a full backup of the image installed on the first Solo2.

carwash

Vu+ Newbie
Try to use another usb stick or try to install a full backup of the image installed on the first Solo2.
Hi
Problem solved! At first I installed the backup from my other Solo2 but it bugged me why it wouldn't load the original Image.
I decided to Re-install a fresh Image but this time i removed usb stick from back and loaded no problems!

So far a very good image, I find it boots fairly quick and definitely a improvement in picture quality

Thanks for help!

Regards

bouboufah

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I found something and I do not know if I'm the only one.

I have solo 2 with blackhole 2.0.3 and after some time, the RAM is used to 94-96% with the majority cached.

This poses no major problem, I can use my stb normally but if unfortunately I use some functions that takes a bit of RAM, I experienced big downturns.

for example, if I check the system info menu, I have big slowdowns when i want to exit it.

Same thing for the network browser.

Otherwise everything else works normally.

To free up RAM I use this command: echo "1"> /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Any idea what's happening?

thanks.

hisham

Vu+ Newbie
Since upgrading Solo2 to Hyperspace I've noticed the following:-

1. When I go to Media Player, sometimes the Receiver gets stuck for many minutes displaying the Spinner.
Then I either have to wait or disconnect from Mains after which the Media Player connects instantly as before.

2. Before upgrading to Hyperspace I had some Images on Meoboot all working normally.
Now, for instance, if I use the SDG Image Downloader (from BH Addons) the downloaded file does not find its way into /media/usb/MbootUpload as previously but to /media/usb where of course it is then not found by Meoboot Plugin.

3. Also about Meoboot, previously the installed Meoboot Images instantly recognized the A867 DTT USB stick straight from the BH Flash Image.
Now with Hyperspace I've already tried two differnet Images on Meoboot namely Vix and Openspa but both of them don't show any Tuner C (A867DTT).

Any suggestions?

Hello my frined,
did you find a way to not get stuck when using external hdd?