CrossEPG keeps reverting back to Internal Flash

VU4ME

Vu+ Newbie
hi everyone,
i have a problem with crossepg, i have installed BH172 on my VU+DUO setup my provider for slyuk 28.2 , i have mouted my internal hdd and also a 4gb USB stick in Device manager, i then go to crossepg / configure and choose my usb device for "storage device " everything seems fine, i schedule a download for 11.00am all still fine, i then start watching programs all still fine, i then check the crossepg/configure and it keeps reverting back to "Internal flash (unsuggested)" i have read on other forums about this issue, any idea on how to fix this bug !!

Tamaki

Administrator
hi everyone,
i have a problem with crossepg, i have installed BH172 on my VU+DUO setup my provider for slyuk 28.2 , i have mouted my internal hdd and also a 4gb USB stick in Device manager, i then go to crossepg / configure and choose my usb device for "storage device " everything seems fine, i schedule a download for 11.00am all still fine, i then start watching programs all still fine, i then check the crossepg/configure and it keeps reverting back to "Internal flash (unsuggested)" i have read on other forums about this issue, any idea on how to fix this bug !!
When it happens try to check if usb is properly mounted.

VU4ME

Vu+ Newbie
hi, thanks for the reply, the usb is correctly mounted and also the hdd, usb is selected, i also noticed in CrossEPG->Configure ->storage device select give you the options
  1. internal flash (unsungested)
  2. DISK 2.0
  3. WDC WD500AAKS-O (this is my internal hard drive)
  4. Harddisk
  5. USB Stick
i have tried selecting DISK 2.0 and also USB Stick, i have also disabled Scheduled download but it is still downloading, very strange indeed.
regards

Lincsat

Vu+ User
There is a big post on another forum with some fixes. It is suggested that it only reverts to internal flash when you go into the configure screen and if you do not go there it will still use the USB.

birdman99

Vu+ User
ive had this problem and confirm it only seems to happen when i go back to configure screen,so just dont go there now as it was causing problems.
ive also had allot of crashes when trying to check mounts where ok green screen job.
im wondering if its time for a update or new version,anyone know if there is one more stable or is this still the best,dont get me wrong its been the best yet for me so will only update if im sure its going to improve things.

gondomar

Vu+ Newbie
I have same problem with CrossEPG, when I go in configure meni it is always back on internal flash (although I previously put on USB). How I can check is it download correct on USB? (is it ok check on system info - blue, yellow and then green button)?
Also, how I can delete EPG data (I find in box file crossepg.descript in usr/crossepg/data, can i delete this file?)
Thank you

pec0sat

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry myfriends, no solutions for this. I've tried a lot of attempts without luck. If you have this problem you can only not use crossepg or use the image in external flash, so internal will be your usb and there is ever enaugh space there.

meggiedude

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry myfriends, no solutions for this. I've tried a lot of attempts without luck. If you have this problem you can only not use crossepg or use the image in external flash, so internal will be your usb and there is ever enaugh space there.
So is there a fix to this, or rather an image that won't cause this to happen?

I have exactly the same fail mode. After a reboot, I get CrossEPG all configured to write overnight to the mounted USB.
Fine.

Come to check it a day or so later to find that the EPG has not been updated and that the CrossEPG config does not give me any other option but Internal Flash.
Mounts to HDD and USB have both been dropped.

So is there a fix to this? If others have the same issue it looks Image/Firmware related, rather than stupidity on my part.
Is there a stable Image that will allow this to work otherwise I'll be nipping over the VIX site?

Thanks.

MD

meggiedude

Vu+ Newbie
So is there a fix to this, or rather an image that won't cause this to happen?

I have exactly the same fail mode. After a reboot, I get CrossEPG all configured to write overnight to the mounted USB.
Fine.

Come to check it a day or so later to find that the EPG has not been updated and that the CrossEPG config does not give me any other option but Internal Flash.
Mounts to HDD and USB have both been dropped.

So is there a fix to this? If others have the same issue it looks Image/Firmware related, rather than stupidity on my part.
Is there a stable Image that will allow this to work otherwise I'll be nipping over the VIX site?

Thanks.

MD
Bounce!
Any advise here appreciated.
I like the BH image, but this one issue with the mounts disappearing and the EPG not getting updated is putting a real downer on things.

So two questions:
1) Is this likely to be a space issue - i.e running out of int memory. If so will this new 1.7.7 image - or the lite version address this??
2) If this is not addressed by the new images - what else can be done as a workaround? Adding swap files to the USB drive seems a bit of an antiquated approach, and won't address things if the drive maps disappear.

FYI, I don't have a lot of addons loaded (just coolTVguide and 1channel) so am surprised that somewhat fundamental requirements like EPG updates and drive mapping can't work in this most popular of Enigma2 images.

Cheers

MD.

tvroman

Vu+ Newbie
I am having this problem for the first time with BH1.7.8. I have always used the HD for EPG data and I don't use any USB devices at all. Last night after checking the configuration following an upgrade I see that the only option available to me is "internal flash". To correct this I manually altered the /usr/crossepg/crossepg.config file to point to "db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg" as it always had. Problem is I can't go back to the plugin or it will reset it again!

Anyone any idea why the plugin can only see the flash? — this is 1TB hard drive which is not full, there are no permissions problems either.

meggiedude

Vu+ Newbie
All I can tell you is I have had to change to VIX (OE3.0) for the Duo because of the issue with the USB and HDD mounts disappearing.
The issue does not occur with the VIX image out-of-the-box. Not had one mount drop.

Adding a swapfile to BH 1.7.6 had no impact btw, and unless they have significantly changed things with later builds then I suspect the problem will still be there, as you are seeing.

birdman99

Vu+ User
Wouldnt agree with that about Vix, i turned to vix on a few occassions and found it to green crash and not work nearly as good as B/H, always go back to B/H usually takes no longer than two days of using VIX.

meggiedude

Vu+ Newbie
Wouldnt agree with that about Vix, i turned to vix on a few occassions and found it to green crash and not work nearly as good as B/H, always go back to B/H usually takes no longer than two days of using VIX.
Well this is a BH forum, so not really going to go to the trouble of trying to give a really hard sell of VIX here.

All I can say though is this - With OE3.0 on my new'ish Duo I have had a fraction of the crashes I ever had with BH1.7.6. The ONLY crashes I've had with OE3.0 bar one have been with 1channel and that's not the Images's fault - it the plugin.
Mounts haven't dropped at all and EPG nightly updates works without failure.
Can't say this at all for BH.

Now I don't know what 1.7.8 or the Lite version is like compared 1.7.6, but unless its significantly more robust there is no way I am going back.
I think a lot of the issues are down to an ever expanding bloated BH image - Parallel Universes and the like, which chew up more memory.
(Having said that - even a swapfile did not alleviate the symptoms)

Vix is more lightweight and does not suffer in the same way BH does. To me its "Lite" and day - pardon the pun.

YMMV

Tseb

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same problem of only being able to select the internal flash. It is a new Vu+ Duo, a wonderful box except for this :(

I previously had a Dreambox 800se, and at one point had the same problem, and followed the instructions below to sort it. I am about to try this on my Vu+...

Tseb

(I am not allowed to post links, so use your intelligence...!)

(Three W's and a dot)digitalworldz.co.uk(slash)284962-fix-crossepg-reverting-internal(dot)html

Tseb

Vu+ Newbie
Following the last on the list in the link on my last post seemed to have worked for me - fingers crossed.

I downloaded the crossepg_setup.py file and then did as suggested - the path was slightly different - the path I found the file was /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/CrossEPG - restarted and seems to work fine. Time will tell...

Tseb.

bigkenny

Vu+ Newbie
hi everyone,

I was always having the same problem it worked ok for a few days then it went back to internal flash. I`ve installed a new bigger USB stick a ScanDisk Cruzer Blade 32GB and it seems to be working and is stable.

When I first got my DUO i noticed that some flash devices worked better than others. Shame I cannot use a bigger Toshiba 64GB flash usb that i have, it will only format in exFAT

Matrix10

Administrator
Most of these problems are related to the VU + Duo and USB stick
and not related to the image, but the way in which is the USB stick formatted and mounted.

VU + Duo specifically has a problem with the USB stick formatted in a Linux format.
To use you actually you not need anything larger than 2GB USB stick.

For those who do not use Universe and MeoBoot
solution is easy.

1.Format USB stick on your PC format FAT32
2.Mount your USB stick (NOT FORMAT) on your box with
Blue button >> Blue>>Black Hole Device Manager
Mount:/media/usb

Now you can use your USB stick for CrossEPG and Picons with FAT32 format
but not for Universe and MeoBoot.

===============================================================
Option 2

You like to use your USB stick for Meoboot ,Universe,picons and CrossEPG
Read my post 4
how to prepare a USB stick with FAT32 and Linux format in the same time.
This thread

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/meoboot-·-short-user-guide.1899/