CrossEPG keeps reverting back to Internal Flash

birdman99

Vu+ User
Im still having these problems with HDD green screen crashes when trying to mount and epg getting lost every couple of days,trying VTI for the first time ,loading as we speak,ill report back,VTI s recent image might have sussed a way round the problem/.
As for above solution , going into device manager causes the green crashes so thats not a fix, must people who are having this problem have surely sussed out that formating and mounting HDD is vital.

simrec

Vu+ Newbie
Did you ever fix the problem

I resolved the CrossEPG reverting back to internal flash by installing this file

However the HDD unmounts itself and the device manager gives GSOD so EPG will not upload

Attachments

• crossepg_setup.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 24

simrec

Vu+ Newbie
It's disappointing not to get any advice from anyone....guess I'll just have to go back to Sky as I can't live with this problem

Ev0

Admin
It's disappointing not to get any advice from anyone....guess I'll just have to go back to Sky as I can't live with this problem

What image are you using ?

Have you tried reflashing your box to see if it solves the problem ?

simrec

Vu+ Newbie
OOPs pressed enter too soon... What happens is i only lose the HDD when i have to hard reboot...as long as i am connectd it is there but as soon as I switch off power it is gone

s054

Vu+ Newbie
The issue with device manager is because when its in use and you go into the device manager it wont allow you to open it as i think its because its in use ie read only.

I always mount to media/hdd and to check if the hdd is mounted i do not go into the device manager /mount points as this will cause a green screen crash.
I have tested numerious versions of BH also and they all seem to have the same issue.

To test it is mounted press yellow and you should see that the tv is paused, if it pauses then the hdd is mounted if not then you know it isn't mounted..

As for the crossepg once you have configured it to goto the hdd do not go back into it as it will revert back to flash and mess it all up, i haven't a clue as to why it does this.

What i do again is if the previous test works ie pauses the tv then we know the hdd is mounted. IF the epg data has disappeared then make sure the opentv provider is enabled re-download or hold blue button and goto crossepg download.

Just thought i would share a few tips that ive picked up on the way

Regards

frank087234

Vu+ User
my simple guide after weeks of frustration
A Pre assumptions
you got HDD or USB formatted and mounted (ie appear on your device manager mounted)
1. Use Cross epg version svn300
2. install it via telnet or any otherway
3. restart GUI
4. Open DCC usr/crossepg and delete folder called data
5. Go to menu ,setup, Cross epg
6.Open Cross Epg , update providers, choose xpmepg (packs) that you want (you may try open providers too, but did not test)
then Confgure.. chose HDD or USB
7. Exit
8. go to DCC , open Media, HDD or USB, you should see crossepg folder.
9.Create data folder in HDD or USB
10 Back to receiver.. plugins, Press CrossEpg Downloader, to make fresh download
11 YOU can Still Open config option in Crossepg, and you will find it as you left it, NOT REVERTING TO INTERNAL FLASH
12. DO NOT Ever transfer stored epg info from eg dcc to receiver..It will revert to internal Flash

Lincsat

Vu+ User
I don't have a data folder in flash or on USB. Maybe that was your problem with a stray data folder still in the file system from an old build?

Nurspec

Vu+ Newbie
I'm surprised nobody has posted a solution to this by now, the reason the scheduled EPG won't work is as you say the storage device reverts to Internal Flash, this is because the HDD is defaulted to go into standby after 10 mins, the only way to get the EPG to load is to either make sure that the HDD is set to never switch off, or just do it manually once or twice a week.
Before you manually try to D/L the new EPG goto your recorded films..etc, this will spin the HDD up, exit that menu, then goto the EPG, and check the configuration, you should now see the Internal Hard Drive as an option by moving left/right over storage device.

The EPG will never update unless the HDD is active, as it won't be detected in the EPG configuration!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I'm surprised nobody has posted a solution to this by now, the reason the scheduled EPG won't work is as you say the storage device reverts to Internal Flash, this is because the HDD is defaulted to go into standby after 10 mins, the only way to get the EPG to load is to either make sure that the HDD is set to never switch off, or just do it manually once or twice a week.
Before you manually try to D/L the new EPG goto your recorded films..etc, this will spin the HDD up, exit that menu, then goto the EPG, and check the configuration, you should now see the Internal Hard Drive as an option by moving left/right over storage device.

The EPG will never update unless the HDD is active, as it won't be detected in the EPG configuration!

Try to use external USB flash. CrossEPG developer chose to use it with it. External HDD is only for "emergecy" or "test" purposes.