Dolby Digital Problem

cyberss

Vu+ Newbie
I notice that in some HD channels which they have Dolby Digital there is no sound and in some other there is sound.

Why this happend? Any ideas?

Ev0

Admin
Do you have downmix turned off ?

Press yellow and see if pressing red fixes problem.

cyberss

Vu+ Newbie
i tried it. still the same. the only change i say with this is in some hd channel fix sound volume level. Before they had certain volume level.

Ev0

Admin
I have not had this problem when using downmix.

What channels are giving you this problem ?

Ev0

Admin
Ok well hopefully some other members have this channel and can confirm if they have the same problem as you.

Ev0

Admin
If you have another box and you don't have this problem on that 1, maybe try either re-scanning the channel or reflashing the box incase a plugin has caused the problem (although it would be strange that it only causes a problem with 1 channel).

cyberss

Vu+ Newbie
i have multiboot. i tried with the flash image which there is no plugin installed. still the same problem.

Ev0

Admin
As said I don't have this channel, so therefore I sadly can not help you any further.

I would be surprised if this problem happens to others as you are the only one to mention it so far ( I could be wrong, but the BH image has been out nearly 2 months now and you are the only 1 to mention this issue so far).

Maybe best to check all your connections, reboot all equipemnt and if still having issue's re-scan or re-flash the box.

cyberss

Vu+ Newbie
i read in some forums that had to do with the PMT table. the old kernel works fine the new one have problem. i am trying now the original image to see if there is also there a problem. the same exist in blackpole.

Ev0

Admin
Ok well if you have Black Pole in multiboot then it's unlikely to fix any issue's as it isn't compatable with multi-boot and must be run in flash.

Also if the problem is with PMT table then there isn't anything BH team can do about it either.

Ev0

Admin
they had the same problem in DM images. But the solve it i think with updating drivers. But to be sure i will reflash my i box to see if with clean flash is working. (which i think it will not).

also there is a post here.

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/no-sound-on-one-hd-channel.3309/

that they have the same problem.

Those images are on old kernel which you said is working ok ??

Anyhow they seem to be complaining of there not being any audio channels in the stream (unless I read that wrong), which is not the same problem you have now ?

Please do try the clean flash (no restore from previous backup), and a fresh channel scan (manual scan yourself not someone's channel list) and lets see if anything changes.

cyberss

Vu+ Newbie
i flash it, scan sat still the same no sound on netmed hd channels that had dolby digital sound. I think BH developers should check it. Also i dont know if this matters i use HDMI.

Ev0

Admin
i flash it, scan sat still the same no sound on netmed hd channels that had dolby digital sound. I think BH developers should check it.
As said before, if it is a PMT issue then there is nothing BH team can do about it.

cyberss

Vu+ Newbie
i dont know where is the problem but i know is problem :).
About the PMT is what i have read in a forum. Maybe it is wrong. I only know that they had this issue and in DM and fix it with drivers update. If BH team want to check it and find solution i am willing to help because vu is very good machine and BH image is amazing. I like it a lot.