Hard Disk Not Detected.

b16mcc

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys, I've just setup a VU+ Duo for the first time and I have a problem with the hard disk installation. The hard disk manager reports 'No Hard Disk Found' and I can't mount or format it in the Devices Manager.

I had a look via ssh and the drive had no partition. I created one and tried it again in the box but it didn't make any difference. The drive is a Hitachi 500gb sata.

Could anyone suggest any help please ?
Thanks...

Afusiw

Vu+ Newbie
I'm far from home to check on wich menu you can initialize your hard disk, I think it's in the setup menu (not the one in disk management)
By the way, I've had the same problem a few days ago, and finally reinitilized the disk, but I was forced to format it, and lost everything that was saved on it before!

DanielFran

BH Lover

Jako

Vu+ Newbie
try this way....put on original image....format HD....and after...put on 193...ciaoooooooooo

so there BUG in blackhole code

wif original img i can format hdd
wif blackhole img i cannot format hdd

DISCLAIMER
THE BLACK HOLE IMAGE IS BASED ON THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE PULBISHED BY VU+ AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW IT CONTAINS ONLY SYSTEM ADDITIONS & GRAPHIC CHANGES.

Logan

Vip
I have formatted my hdd with BH in my Vu+ Duo and it works for me.
Maybe in some cases it should be a conflict with BH device manager system that cause hdd is not detected, i don't know, i haven't this problem.
But this have nothing to do with disclaimer. You have to read well disclaimer and not only one row.
Disclaimer mean that BH images contains only system and graphic additions and not illegally additions like keys or emulators.
THE BLACK HOLE IMAGE IS BASED ON THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE PULBISHED BY VU+ AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW IT CONTAINS ONLY SYSTEM ADDITIONS & GRAPHIC CHANGES. THE BLACK HOLE IMAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY EMULATOR, K E Y S, SOFTCAMS OR OTHER SYSTEM FOR VIEWING PAY - TV WITH OR WITHOUT A PAID SUBSCRIPTION.

Jako

Vu+ Newbie
@logan m8
post wif things that works correctly as your hdd cannot help the coders to understand what not works wif others hdd
it not happens to only me m8, read up my post and in others post
by the way my hdd is WDC eads

tontongreco

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to everybody and Happy Nex Year. i have a little strange problem with BH. I put a WD 320giga hard disc . With Main Manu i can see and initialise the hd . I can record also. The problem is that when i'll select the blue button twice in the Black Hole E2 settings, device manager i see my hard disc Not Mapped!! Also when i select Hard disc settings i have a message Hard disc not found!! Have you any idea why?? Thanks a lot!!

a911

The BH Lover
Is the BH image, that not detecting the HDD ,in the M boot?

I had this issue before in my other box , where I had BH in flash (HDD showed it is mapped) and the BH in M Boot the HDD shows it was not mapped, however if its working fine and U can record and play,,,I don't see any problem!

Or If U insist to have it mapped, do mapping for HDD few times and it will work!

Rgdz
a911

tontongreco

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your answer

What do u mean??? How can i do that??
Or If U insist to have it mapped, do mapping for HDD few times and it will work!

Tolner

Vu+ Newbie
I'm new to Vu+ duo and to these Linux / Enigma type receivers.

I have a used 250 Gb harddisk external in a housing and want to use this for recording. I re-formatted the disk with Windows XP in NTFS.

I tried it outside via USB. When I restart Vu, I get Black Hole Enigma starting screen and it stays there. When I start Vu without HD connected and then plugged in HD, I get Harddisk listed in Menu. When I go to initialize, it just stays on initializing page and does not go further.

I tried to install HD directly inside Vu and get same problem when starting Vu that it stays on starting page and does not go further.

What is problem, maybe is format of HD problem ??

a911

The BH Lover
What is problem, maybe is format of HD problem ??

Try to install the HD directly inside VU+,,,,do not reboot,,,install the latest BH image-USB!
When finshed, use dvise Manager to format and mounting the HDD!
GDluck!

Tolner

Vu+ Newbie
I did try with HD installed but red cable not connected, re-started Vu, when running, connect red cable back on HD. I then still had TV picture but with in left top corner also the Enigma ball with lines around, same as when starting Enigma and remote did not do anything so could not go to Menu. Switched off again and removed HD cables.

Tolner

Vu+ Newbie
I'm completely new to Vu and BlackHole.
I do not know what you mean by "re-flash new BH image"
Is that some kind of program update ??
If so, how can I see what program version I have (just bought device last week, so maybe already has latest)
Do I need to download that from somewhere (where?) and install it and how (maybe via USB) ??
Will this loose all my settings done so far ??

Sorry for all "stupid" questions, but I'm a complete novice.
Will continue on this thread and not on other in general

a911

The BH Lover
Put new BH image,,,,,from Zero!
Dload the new one and unzip the file directly to the USB, remove any USB you have@ the box,
plugin the USB with the image @ front.
1-Turn-off power, recommend to wait 20 second!
2-Turn-on,,,wait for 2 mints,,,!
3-Follow,,, instruction,,,etc!

For more info about USB installation, look here:-
Vu+ Portal : The Official Web Site of Vu+

And do not worry,,,,BH Team here to support us!

Rgdz
a911