Hard Disk Not Detected.

Tolner

Vu+ Newbie
I DID IT..
Got it working. It was a matter of disk formatting. It seems that it did not accept the HD formatted in Windows NTFS.
I downloaded Ubuntu Linux desktop version, put it on a USB stick and ran trial Linux on my laptop. I then connect the HD with external housing and USB to my laptop and was able to format the HD with Linux. I then tried it on Vu+ duo via front USB, formatted it from Vu menu and it works. I then took it out housing, installed it internal inside Vu. When I restarted, it would not record, but I did a format from Vu menu again and now it works perfect....

Thanks for the help.

PS. what are all the square boxes with text in timer recording screen ??

Tolner

Vu+ Newbie
Still have no clue about images or what they are or do. I assume they are program updates.
Is this correct or are they more like applications same way as for mobile phones (Apple) ??
If so, what do they do ??
I checked Vu: MainMenu/Information/about and see Image: Experimental 2010-12-21
When I check website http://vuplus.com/ what I assume is official Vu website, I see latest Image (V5.5) released on 2010-12-21 so I assume I have latest program update.

Another question about recording/watching; If I connect 2 LNB's to my Vu, will my card (canaldigital) open both tuners, or do I need 2 cards, one for each tuner ??

Thanks again !!!

tomt

Vu+ Newbie
Hi a911,

I think I've made a real hash of the situation. I have a VU+ Solo with BH and a 1.5TB WD Elements USB HDD. I plugged in the HDD and the VU+ seemed to "see" the disk. Then, I tried to format via BH and it just seemed to hang - UI went nuts and no buttons seemed to work, so I unplugged and restarted. I guess maybe my HDD was not too keen on that treatment. After that, HDD was not recognized, so I used a Windows PC to delete the volume and format NTFS. Now VU+ (according to the about/information screen), but under the harddisk menu item, it says "not found," and under device manager it sees the HDD but cannot check disk or format. I was able to Telnet into the box, but was not able to mkdir because "don't have permission." Should I reformat as RAW and try again? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance. I hope to avoid pulling all my hair out...

a911

The BH Lover
Hi tomt,
U understand that puling HDD from windows and use it in other devices does not work. Some times,,,,formating not necessary make the HDD like a new one ,U still have electronic residuals and after a while the hard disk will stop working , however go for RAW and see if it worked,,,if not go for a new one , like Samsung or Seagate and stay away from WD, its has problems!

Gdluck tomt!

birdman99

Vu+ User
please tell me guys,i have a uno and i have just bought a hdd sat 2.5 wd 320gb.it wouldnt be seen by device manager so i reflashed lost all my settings and now i see it in device manager but what do i need to do apart from mount map and initialize cant see where i would format it.please tell me what to do.

birdman99

Vu+ User
when are blackhole going to update there drivers to get this hdd problem sorted , what a shame ive now had to move to vix which i dont like as much as blackhole to use but it works.......