Just plug it in. ..

There is a menu in setup|sys|hd..

Its simple in bh....

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I5800 avec Tapatalk

Børge Antonsen

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.

I use BH 1.7.3 on a Vu+ Duo.

I have a problem with a 2 TB external USB HDD. It dont show up in the device manager. When reboot the disk will spin up, but I cant use it/find it.

I have a internal HDD and a USB-stick conected to the box already.

The USB disk was previously used on my old DM800, and there it behaved normally. It contains 1,5TB of material, and I hope I dont have to format it...

I beleave it is set up with ext4 file system.

Does anybody know how I can use it? Some way to manually set it up throug telnet?

mebken

Vu+ User
Use this command by telnet : ls /dev

in the resultat, search for sda: you must have sda, sda1 and may be sda2. If you have sda2 in the list it means that the system recognise the external disk (since sda1 is used for the internal hdd). Waiting your replay (result of telnet command: ls /dev) to see what will be next commands.

Mito

Administrator
Hi.

I use BH 1.7.3 on a Vu+ Duo.

I have a problem with a 2 TB external USB HDD. It dont show up in the device manager. When reboot the disk will spin up, but I cant use it/find it.

I have a internal HDD and a USB-stick conected to the box already.

The USB disk was previously used on my old DM800, and there it behaved normally. It contains 1,5TB of material, and I hope I dont have to format it...

I beleave it is set up with ext4 file system.

Does anybody know how I can use it? Some way to manually set it up throug telnet?
Maybe there is a supply issue.
Did you use an external supply for your hdd?

Børge Antonsen

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for answer.

When I telnet the box I find sda, sda1 and sdb. No sda2.

I use an external 12V supply for the disk. The same setup did work for about a year on my old DM800 without any problems.

mebken

Vu+ User
sorry it must be sdb for your external HDD. So since you have sdb, it means your external hard disk is recognized by system.

could you please give the resultat for the following telnet commands (2 commands):

df
ls /mnt

it will give us wich mounting point are used.

mebken

Vu+ User
try this telnet commands :

1- cd /media
2- mkdir hdd2
this will create a directory hdd2 in media to witch we will mount your device

3- mount /dev/sdb /media/hdd2
4- cd /media/hdd2
5- ls -l

waiting your feedback.

Børge Antonsen

Vu+ Newbie
When I now use the ls /dev command I find sda, sdb, sdb1... Not sda, sda1, sdb as I found a week ago. I then tried to mount sdb1 to hdd2, success but it is my internal hdd...

Edit: you posted while I was writing.

Can I just mount sdb1 back to hdd?

Børge Antonsen

Vu+ Newbie
The device manager says the internal HDD is still mounted at /media/hdd. It is sdb1. Will I get any problems now? I can still list the content of the internal HDD on hdd2. When accessing device manager this time it used 10-20 sec to list the content, normally it is no delay.

The USB-stick is sda. and it still cant find the external HDD.

Thank you for taking your time :)

mebken

Vu+ User
The mount command in telnet will be lost when you restart (so just restart).

The hdd2 in media have to be deleted after restart (be sure that there is no mount point to /media/hdd2 before delete: ls /media/hdd2 should give no files before deleting)