how to setup latest blackhole EPG

s1m0nw

Vu+ Newbie
hey guys how about posting up guide on how setting up the latest blackhole epg and configuring it to suit?

a911

The BH Lover
hey guys how about posting up guide on how setting up the latest blackhole epg and configuring it to suit?

As per the following steps:-
1- Make a swap file : 2xBlue>Swap file settings (when done go to step 2)!
2- Blue>Red (EPG Settings)>Red (Global settings)!
- Enable Open Tv Epg Loader..........Yes.
- Path to save Epg File ............../media/usb/epg.dat
(Use RC <> buttons to change statues and make path)!
3- Red (save)!
4- Choose Epg Provider (like Sky. Italy,,,Rytec-CSAT), prese OK!
5- Press Yellow (download now)!
Wait till complete,,and repeat for other providers!

Now,,in order not to lose your epg data,,,
Do the following:-
1- Menu >BH Epg Back up (OK)!
2- Press Green for setup!
3- Enable Automatic Epg Backup.....Yes.
4- Path to save backup Epg file......Choose a path (I recommend : /media/usb)!
5- Red (save)!

If U have Vu+ Duo , install the script Free-Ram and Swap enforcer , in order not to over load the STB's RAM!

Have Fun w/BHImages!

sperl59

Vu+ Newbie
I come back to your suggestion. If i download the EPG from opentv ( ex. Sky Uk ) I have the EPG.dat file on the usb.
If I must restart enigma2 the EPG is lost. With the Backup as you suggested via the restore option I can recover the EPG.
Is it possible to have an automated option that makes the restore of the EPG automatically with no need to restore every time ?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Have you tried with:
Menu
CrossEPG
Settings
Force EPG loading at startup = Yes

(My GUI language is not English, so actual menu items could be different from my translation)

sperl59

Vu+ Newbie
Have you tried with:
Menu
CrossEPG
Settings
Force EPG loading at startup = Yes

(My GUI language is not English, so actual menu items could be different from my translation)

Thanks is working.
When I take First the Opentv EPG with Blackhole function ( ex. Sky ) and after I take other EPGs with Cross EPG, then if I restart Enigma2 the EPG is reloaded.
When I take only the Opentv EPG with Blachole function (ex. Sky ) and I do not take other EPGs, by the restart of Enigma the EPG is loss and I must use the restore function from BH EPG Panel.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
When I take only the Opentv EPG with Blachole function (ex. Sky ) and I do not take other EPGs, by the restart of Enigma the EPG is loss and I must use the restore function from BH EPG Panel.
Have you checked if also in this case the EPG.dat file has been created on media/usb?
If not, there is nothing that could be reloaded at startup.

sperl59

Vu+ Newbie
Have you checked if also in this case the EPG.dat file has been created on media/usb?
If not, there is nothing that could be reloaded at startup.
Youre right, I checked and after a scanning of BH EPG there is no file EPG.dat on media/usb.
But before I have checked the path on the BH EPG Panel.
Any suggestion ?

Da_Matser

Vu+ Newbie
Why do we need a swap file? I have a Duo2 with loads of RAM. Will a swap file be beneficial? Will it protect my RAM?
Thanks