Image installation in Meoboot fails

astrakid

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
i tried to install the latest VTI image onto my USB-stick via meoboot. Latest BH-Image is in flash and works fine, VTI 5.1.0 is already working via USB fine as well.
Uploading vti601.zip to MBootUpload works well, but installation fails. Even waiting more than 20 minutes didn't help - on CLI i see that the file in MBootUpload is deleted, in MBootM there is the new folder named as during installation defined, but within that folder there is only one folder "media", and that's it...
I tried the same with another vti5.1.0.zip, but the same issue.
Current installation done some months before still work.

Any hint?

kind regards,
astrakid

Max

BH Lover
I had the same problem installing VTi 6.0.1 on MeoBoot with BH 2.0.5 rev B in flash.
Problem solved powering OFF (from the back switch) e reinstalling.
Actually it works fine together with original VU+ 2.1 and ViX images in MeoBoot.

astrakid

Vu+ Newbie
what did you reinstall? BH 2.0.5 after powering OFF (by hardware switch)? or did you reinstall after hardware power off only the image into meoboot?

kind regards and thanks for your reply.
astrakid

Max

BH Lover
To be more detailed...
After 20 min of VTi "installation" with a frozen shell window on my TV screen, I've done a power off/on.
Then forced Meo to boot from Flash, deleted VTi image, checked by FTP for trash in MeoBootM folder, removed VTi from MeoBoot Upload folder, then re-uploaded the zip image and reinstalled successfully.

astrakid

Vu+ Newbie
hi,
it's been a while since you posted your suggestion, but i had no time to test it. a few days ago i performed as you suggested, but no improvement.
by doing this i found out that the usb stick's filesystem was corrupted. I thought correcting this could solve the issue but didn't. so maybe there is something completely different causoing this.
my next steps will be upgrading to black hole 2.0.6 (in 2.0.5. i can't install new plugins like openairplayer, so i guess the host-system is the problem). and start from scratch with vti 6.0.1 in meoboot.

regards,
astrakid