Interference when recording

dixons

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
Have had an ongoing problem with playing back recorded files. It was intermittent so difficult to pin point the cause.
When playing back recorded files they would break up sometimes.
It seems that this only happens when I chase play, ie I watch a recorded file before it has finished.
Is it something to do with the timeshift function?
I cannot find anything that allows me to disable this if it exists at all.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi,
Have had an ongoing problem with playing back recorded files. It was intermittent so difficult to pin point the cause.
It seems that this only happens when I chase play, ie I watch a recorded file before it has finished.

Recording on external HDD or USB flash could cause "hanging" problems. More frequent with slow USB flash memory.

dixons

Vu+ Newbie
Have an internal HDD. Can confirm that it occurs when I chase play. When I start chase playing the recording is fine until I reach the point in the recording when I started to chase play and the recording breaks up.
Is it because the Uno is only a single tuner?
Have another single tuner PVR, will see if I get the same problem.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Have an internal HDD. Can confirm that it occurs when I chase play. When I start chase playing the recording is fine until I reach the point in the recording when I started to chase play and the recording breaks up.
Is it because the Uno is only a single tuner?
Have another single tuner PVR, will see if I get the same problem.

Chase play? What does it mean?

When you watch a program in recording and you will arrive in "real time" watching recorded, you have to push stop on RC and return to watch from beginning. It's normal on Enigma2.

dixons

Vu+ Newbie
Chase play for me means that if a program is being recorded and I wish to watch it I will start the program, in my case using Advanced Movie Selection, before it has finished recording all of the program.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Chase play for me means that if a program is being recorded and I wish to watch it I will start the program, in my case using Advanced Movie Selection, before it has finished recording all of the program.

Thanks for explanation, so I understand well.

dixons

Vu+ Newbie
Have tried this with another single tuner PVR and chase play works.
I seem to be missing something here, perhaps I do need to have the timeshift function on.
Will test this theory with a VIX image that allows either from the set up.
Any one else with a Uno having this problem?

dixons

Vu+ Newbie
Have tried the latest VIX image with Meoboot. No interference on the one recording I tried. This was with timeshift disabled, though I am beginning to think that this is not the issue.

Catalin Ursu

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, I had the same problem, but only with the HD programs recordings. The problem was my HDD was not initialised (it's worked but BH says NOT INITIALISED). I've formatted the HDD outside the box (ext2 or ext3 I'm not remember exactly) I've initialised the HDD and everything is fine now !
Maybe is helpful for somebody.

yummer

BH Lover
Hi,
Have you tried upgrading to latest image and formatting in ext4 using BH initialise