New Vu+ Duo2 keeps on Freezing

ojsat

Vu+ Newbie
I just bought a new vu+ duo2, came with Black Hole 2.0.9 pre-installed from the dealer. The problem i have with the new box is that while watching TV the box freezes and becomes unresponsive. The only way to resolve the problem is to restart the box by switching it off. I upgraded the box by putting BH 2.0.9.1 but the problem remains the same. I'm thinking of returning the box but before I do this I thought I should consult you guys to see if any one can help. Thanks

elec

Vu+ Newbie
When you watch free to air channels, do you still have your freezing problem?
If the FTA channels work ok you might have some problems with your local card.

ojsat

Vu+ Newbie
The receiver freezes on FTA channels , I took the HDD out and it still does the same. I have sent receiver back to shop I bought it from for a replacement. Thanks for all your help.

fairsats

Vu+ User
The receiver freezes on FTA channels , I took the HDD out and it still does the same. I have sent receiver back to shop I bought it from for a replacement. Thanks for all your help.

Did you test your signal strength....?

bogdanm

You test first your box on other LNB in your friend satelite ?
Good is to first change cable betwen LNB1 and LNB2 .
Put to box clear image and setup all from begined.
If all this no help myave your boix nead replacement.

grufti

Vu+ Newbie
If you use FANCONTROL2 from the BH feed, remove it. When I had installed fancontrol2 on my Duo2 I very often got freezers with endless spinning after pressing a key on the remote control. Even green screen after re-booting with an error regarding fancontrol2. I had to flash the image (2.9.1) new and use now normal fancontrol (part of image) again as I did formerly. No freezers since that time anymore.

Matrix10

Administrator
And picture frozen on FTA channels ??
Do you use a legal card and you have this problem ?
If not then we can not continue discussion.
It is not allowed here.

In any case this is not normal and not happening with my receiver.
And the cause should be found in a defect receiver or in bad satellite installation
if the signal is not good and stable.

Mick12334

Is that on Free to Air channels, in other words not encrypted, in any way? If so check everything that has already been suggested.

bidja

Vu+ Newbie
always on FTA channels (HRT1, and HRT4 mostly) sometimes after 15-20 minutes picture start moving again. Also from my point of wiew booting time is very long - abt. 3 minutes. I have installed 1 dual DVBS2 tuner, 1 cab/terr tuner, 1 usb terr. tuner, HD 1GB. Presently is installed BH 2.1.1 image, but i fad same issue with older images. In BH speed up almost all is disabled. Sometimes is OK for 2-3 days, but then problems starting again (booting time is always same).

@Matrix10
will be great if you can upload backup of your image, just to confirm that it is not image issue.

Thanks, and regards

Matrix10

Administrator
always on FTA channels (HRT1, and HRT4 mostly) sometimes after 15-20 minutes picture start moving again. Also from my point of wiew booting time is very long - abt. 3 minutes. I have installed 1 dual DVBS2 tuner, 1 cab/terr tuner, 1 usb terr. tuner, HD 1GB. Presently is installed BH 2.1.1 image, but i fad same issue with older images. In BH speed up almost all is disabled. Sometimes is OK for 2-3 days, but then problems starting again (booting time is always same).

@Matrix10
will be great if you can upload backup of your image, just to confirm that it is not image issue.

Thanks, and regards

I use a clean BH image without external addons
and I have only Satellite
Image can be found on the forum.
As far as I know HRT is not FTA on satellite perhaps on the cable .
If the freeze is on the cable, then I do not have advice.

But I'd started testing with a clear image without addons
and only with plugins active in BH speed up default.

bidja

Vu+ Newbie
I use a clean BH image without external addons
and I have only Satellite
Image can be found on the forum.
As far as I know HRT is not FTA on satellite perhaps on the cable .
If the freeze is on the cable, then I do not have advice.

But I'd started testing with a clear image without addons
and only with plugins active in BH speed up default.

Thanks for advice

HRT 1 is FTA 3/4 of day, and box freeze when I watching it on satellte when it is FTA, not on the cable (as well as HRT4 which is FTA always). Other FTA channels I didn't test. Only external addon which I have installed is DD subtitle player.
Will try to install latest ¨clean¨ image, and will advise about results. I was asking for your backup because I have similar problems with my uno, and duo, but not so frequently. I assume that I am doing something wrong in ˝customize˝ settings, or channel list is the one which creating problems (don@ - using on all 3 boxes), if there is no bug in image or boxes themself.

Regards

Matrix10

Administrator
No, no "customize" there's nothing that causes freezing.
If you have a problem with all the boxes on the same antenna installation
Then you know the problem is in antenna installation.

But try first clean image without any
plugins added.

Channel list also can not be because the problem would be constant and not sporadic.

bidja

Vu+ Newbie
uno, and duo2, are on same dish (multifeed), but duo is on different (motor).
Anyway will try with clean image, and will post results when wife permits:D.

Regards

bidja

Vu+ Newbie
Still have the same problem, with latest clean image, and only on HRT1, and HTR4 (which I am watching mostly). Recently I bought 2pcs Vu+ Zero, and I have same problem as well. Mostly during the morning.
Maybe something with EPG?
Every suggestion is welcome.
Thanks