slower changing channels

fesoj

Vu+ Newbie
hi guys
when i bought this marvellous box i was impressed how fast it was compared to others i had.
lately (not sure when but i have installed the latest image with all updates and some add ons like XBMC 1channel etc) i have been experiencing a lag in response time most notably when trying to skip from one channel to the next viewing list of channels.
i use two different remotes and their ir response is immediate so its probably from image or updates i did - anyone with similar problems or any ideas guys?

thanks for any response

yummer

BH Lover
hi guys
when i bought this marvellous box i was impressed how fast it was compared to others i had.
lately (not sure when but i have installed the latest image with all updates and some add ons like XBMC 1channel etc) i have been experiencing a lag in response time most notably when trying to skip from one channel to the next viewing list of channels.
i use two different remotes and their ir response is immediate so its probably from image or updates i did - anyone with similar problems or any ideas guys?

thanks for any response
What image are you on? Have you utilised BH speed up in blue panel to remove items that are not required? Sometimes a restart enigma can clear up some issues. Also are you using the default skin?

fesoj

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your reply mate
I'm using the latest blackhole imAge 2.0.7.2 will all the online uodates
Addons i have about 12 which i use frequently and yes i am using the default skin.

Could it be the lcd4linux addon? I have been trying different things and lately i must have changed something which is showing the channel list on the lcd screen of the receiver?
Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yummer

BH Lover
Thanks for your reply mate
I'm using the latest blackhole imAge 2.0.7.2 will all the online uodates
Addons i have about 12 which i use frequently and yes i am using the default skin.

Could it be the lcd4linux addon? I have been trying different things and lately i must have changed something which is showing the channel list on the lcd screen of the receiver?
Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It could well be if that's the only thing lately you've been adjusting. I use evo's LCD4linux config file which looks smart. Just changed a few colour and brightness settings to personal preference. There's a few smart config in the duo2 image section maybe try one of those to see if it is that at problem?

birdman99

Vu+ User
I'm having exactly the same issues, box running really slow and lagging. I've had solo. UNO, solo2 and non where like this? It's a bit disappointing to spend 500 pound on a sat receiver that can't even keep up.
I'm hoping it's some add on but don't know how I will find out which one.

Matrix10

Administrator
How to get almost maximum speed for those who use VU+ box
for watching TV.

First Install a clean image

Second Disable all you do not use in the Black Hole Speed Up
but do it after installing clean image,
rather than later.
You can leave the default, it is good enough

I also turn off because I do not use

NFS Server Panel
Stop and autostart disabled.

Samba / CIFS Panel
Stop and autostart disabled.

Also do not use OpenWebif (in plugins)
then put it on not enabled.

=============================

Test and let me know what is the speed from VU + box (Duo2)

What is the speed of Zap/Menu / start / restart / shutdown.

==================================
If you like Experiments with plugins e.t.c
Use Teleportation panel and Universe
so that the flash image remains clean as possible.

Of course this is the way that I use
Perhaps you do not

Last edited:

birdman99

Vu+ User
Ive tried disabling all the things i dont use.
Its still lagging, ive re-installed fresh image, still lagging, i then turn off LCD plugin to NO and bingo.
Maybe something that can be fixed next image.

Mito

Administrator
Ive tried disabling all the things i dont use.
Its still lagging, ive re-installed fresh image, still lagging, i then turn off LCD plugin to NO and bingo.
Maybe something that can be fixed next image.
There is nothing to fix in image.
I think you should should check your plugins and your settings.

birdman99

Vu+ User
I thought the whole point of this duo2 was the fact that it had duel core speeds and no need to sacrifice, i havent got anything on here other than what comes with the newest b/h duo2 image.
So wouldn't know why the remote is lagging?? like i say ive disabled the LSD plugin ie turned from on to off and now its not lagging.
I and others have had this problem , only there have not fed back anything as yet, moderators asked me to feed back so i have.
If this problem is something to do with a setting then i wouldn't know what setting could possibly cause such memory sucking on such a fast machine. solo2 never had this problem nor did any of the vu boxes ive had before and ive had them all near enough.
I was expecting for the price a faster response not a slower one with the need for disabling plugins.

Mito

Administrator
I've not noticed any lagging.
Maybe there is some plugin that slows down the channel changing.

Banal question, have you tried to change your remote batteries?

Matrix10

Administrator
None of this,

My tests with image installed as I wrote above not confirm your writing.
There was no any difference with or without LCD plugin.

The same applies to the processes and memory
as well as the practical test.

birdman99

Vu+ User
Mmm im not so sure because both different images that i have used have had this problem and its not the batteries because it happened with brand new batteries on two different remotes/ old/ duo2 remote.
My knowledge is not vast enough to challenge u guys who know about these things so im afraid ill have to live with it for now.
In my opinion its a memory problem and gets worse the more plugins you have running. the LSc plugin been the biggest culprit on my box.
Just hope some other people from above feedback soon.

Matrix10

Administrator
Mmm im not so sure because both different images that i have used have had this problem and its not the batteries because it happened with brand new batteries on two different remotes/ old/ duo2 remote.
My knowledge is not vast enough to challenge u guys who know about these things so im afraid ill have to live with it for now.
In my opinion its a memory problem and gets worse the more plugins you have running. the LSc plugin been the biggest culprit on my box.
Just hope some other people from above feedback soon.

Memory problem ?
You must be kidding

My tests with image installed as I wrote above

Memory in use 14% 143.796
Memory free 821.356

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    833.9 KB · Views: 34
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 30

birdman99

Vu+ User
Update is when i turn LCD addon on it has lag, when i turn off it has no problem.
I have reinstalled original image and there are no lagging problems present.
Im not having a pop at anyone's hard work im just trying to fix a problem that im having .

birdman99

Vu+ User
I can 100% comfirm that the LCD plugin is the culprit on my duo2. i have just been back into it and as soon as i enable it the remote laggs.

Matrix10

Administrator
I can 100% comfirm that the LCD plugin is the culprit on my duo2. i have just been back into it and as soon as i enable it the remote laggs.

Perhaps you have a HW problem and not the software.
When you remote works OK without LCD.

birdman99

Vu+ User
Hard ware as in send the machine back?
Need others who previously posted to come back and say how they got on.
I think u mite be right matrix because everyday at around 5pm-6pm the duo2 is now shutting down and not wanting to come back on.
Two major problems really.