Tuner & Recording Problem?

fysaldar786

Vu+ Newbie
I seem to have big problem with my Ultimo when I put timer on for recording some it record properly but some time don't ,when go in recording to play recording it's show's tittle of recording but nothing has been recorded ,2 problem when I record one channel some of other channel does not work spent 400£ and just got stress from it wife want dreambox back which only had one tuner but never had any recording problems ,using latest BH 1.7.8 image ,please somebody help me .

fizzz33

Vu+ Newbie
If you have a hard drive it needs to be mounted as /media/hdd which is in blue button, blue button BH settings, device manager, highlight hdd then red button and then cycle though the mount points and save. It is a great stb for recording once you get you head round the settings. If you haven't got a hdd then you could fit one either external with USB or internally. Hope this helps. Frank

fizzz33

Vu+ Newbie
2nd problem. If you haven't got 2 LNB lines from your dish into your Ultimo tuners that could cause problems with recording one side while watching another.
If you only have one LNB in and the tuner is linked to the 2nd tuner with the supplied link lead that would also cause the problem as to record one while watching the other would only work if the 2 channels are on the same transponder which is highly unlikely.

fysaldar786

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you maty yes I have got hard drive install and mounted which not problem but ,I'm using looping which is problem as you stated and I thought before as well but I will give go with live feed from LNB .

fizzz33

Vu+ Newbie
The linking thing is posibly the cause of your first problem also. Really for recording you nead to have 2 LNBs in, one to each tuner so you can watch one channel while recording another. Frank