Unable to use BH personal Backup

strummer

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I want to upgrade from 1.78 to 1.79. I am trying to use the "personal backup" menu option on duo. every time I try to use it I get the dreaded green screen. I have the crash logs if it helps.

Has anyone got any advice on fixing this?

Is there an alternative method of backing up everything, so i don't loose my set up

cheers

strummer

Vu+ Newbie
Have you tryed to set backup on a memory stick instead of the HDD ?

My memory stick is used for epg stuff and is not that big but I will try . Thanks

Update: I do not get the option to change "path to save personal backup" from HDD to USB in the menu

bogdanm

thanks, I can make a full backup no problem but I think using a full backup will reinstall 1.78
Yes full backup; backup all in image
Personal backup backu files whot yiu can backup and is very good when you changed image to new.
You mounted usb or hdd to made backup; is usn and hdd is see in device manger?

strummer

Vu+ Newbie
Yes full backup; backup all in image
Personal backup backu files whot yiu can backup and is very good when you changed image to new.
You mounted usb or hdd to made backup; is usn and hdd is see in device manger?

where would I find this option in BH menu - Thanks
It must be mounted ok because it makes a full backup on HDD no problem its just making the personal Backup that crashes the box

strummer

Vu+ Newbie
I have just checked under devices manager and the internal hd and usb stick are showing but have Mount: not mapped next to them??

Do I need to map the hdd to do a personal backup? thanks

strummer

Vu+ Newbie
have mapped HDD to /media/hdd and usb to /media/usb

tried to do BH PersonalBackup - path to /media/hdd but got the dreaded green screen

changed the path to /media/usb with the same result :confused:

Have looked at the crash logs but can not see a reason for the crashing

Any advice appreciated as I really want to upgrade to 1.79 cheers

Mito

Administrator
have mapped HDD to /media/hdd and usb to /media/usb

tried to do BH PersonalBackup - path to /media/hdd but got the dreaded green screen

changed the path to /media/usb with the same result :confused:

Have looked at the crash logs but can not see a reason for the crashing

Any advice appreciated as I really want to upgrade to 1.79 cheers
Please attach a crashlog.

strummer

Vu+ Newbie
you have missed one file in your plugin:
backup_5.png

Thanks for your help and looking through the crash log

I sorted it by going into the location file for backup_5.png. I had all except 5.png as you said.

5.png was in the folder one level above, I copied it and placed it into the correct folder and the did the personal backup fine.:thanks:

You're a star