VU Duo + Update Help

chappersynwa

Vu+ Newbie
Hey,
I have had my Vu duo + box now for about 3/4 years, never updated it done anything with it,
i have a 500gb harddrive with it,
i am looking to update the blackhole as iam on verison 1.7.3 i think and having alot of problems, i keep losing all my channels and it crashes all the time plus i lost my tv guide aswell
i dont know how to update it or do anything if someone could help me update it and then i wanna start learning about add ons etc,
cheers

chappersynwa

Vu+ Newbie
still the same i try to put a older verison on, and it stuck on starting,
can anyone help me asap please as now got no tv :(

Mick12334

Does the Black Hole image complete imstallation?
Can you please provide more details, regarding how far the loading goes, did you get it to re-boot, after loading, and restore your backup?
Have you removed all USB devices, after the image has loaded?
You were using a very old version, of Black Hole, have you checked if your boot loader needs upgrading?
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-duo-boot-loader-updgrade.3555/

Have you checked if your VU+ Duo is genuine, as later Black Hole images can damage clone receivers?

chappersynwa

Vu+ Newbie
It does the install and then says remove usb and reboot which i do then i do that and reboot and get stuck on starting. How do i check if it genuine? Could i have killed it if it a clone?

Mick12334

Can you please tell us where it gets stuck, on starting?
When it gets stuck does anything happen if you press the menu button?

chappersynwa

Vu+ Newbie
Soon as i put the on button the back will power up then says starting. I dont know its a clone if it is. I got it from a satellite shop. I need help just gettin my channels back please love havin this box

Mick12334

You might have to manually scan in your channels.
Which satellites can you receive?
Do you have a motorized, or fixed, dish setup?
You coukld try loading another image, there are quite a few, VTI, Vix, OpenPli, try a search for VU+ Duo images, or you could load the original firmware, from the VU+ site:
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/