Vu+ Newbie
Hi

when I download the file and extract to disk it is as follows:
vuplus (folder) click goes to solo click then shows the 3 files

my mistake showing a capital V above

Brian Langford

Vu+ Newbie
hi

I have saved the New image and extracted directly to the usb stick also did the same with the bootloader. sadly this has not made any difference. The box light goes orange for a few seconds then goes green as before.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Does it boot your old image? If not, can you connect from PC to see (FTP), what is in your box flash memory?
Seems that is missing USB port driver.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
So, when it boots old image, try USB ports (by File Manager) if they are able to read your USB stick.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
So it is reading your stick, "No displayable files" means, that it didn't found any pictures on your hotplugged stick.
Maybe will be good to download last Solo drivers from here http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/vuplus-dvb-modules-vusolo-3.1.1-4.4.3-20130207.tar.gz, exctract them and copy extracted files to your box in /lib/modules/(kernel number i'm not sure if it's 3.1.1-1.2)/extra/
Next reboot your box, if you don't have a full backup, make it and try to reflash again with BH 2.0.1 from here http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/attachments/blackhole-2-0-1-vusolo_usb-zip.10430/

paolino

Vu+ User+++
How to upgrade the Vu+ Solo image via USB

• Save the image on the PC (USB version)
  • Unzip files
  • Format USB flash drive with the file system FAT,or FAT32
  • Create on the stick : Directory/vuplus/solo
  • Copy to the stick the 3 files into :Directory/vuplus/solo
  • Power off VU+ STB
  • Remove all USB devices from the box
  • Plug-in the USB Stick into Vu+ Box
  • Turn on the VU+ STB
  • Firmware Update will start automatically
  • The Standby LED will be red and if the USB stick detected ,the LEDs lights up
  • If the Standby LED is green, the flashing process is finished, then you can unplug the USB stick from the box
  • Power off the VU+ STB , and restart it again
This is a correct procedure.
If it doesn't work, you can flash with serial port using Vu+ Util and you need *.nfi image file for box flashing.

Yes a folder no /
For you it`s folder: vuplus, within that folder you make another folder called solo and within the folder solo you place the 3 files boot, kernel and root.
It`s the same what you have when you unrar the downloaded solo image.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
On the root of the stick you should create vuplus/solo/ directory (when it doesn't exist) means, when on your PC (Windows XP in my case) in explorer you will doubleclick on stick, you will see "vuplus" directory, when you doubleclick on "vuplus", you will see "solo" directory. Afterthen doubleclick on "solo" directory and thats the place, where you have to put files with image.
Simply way is to doubleclick on your BH image zip file (will open in XP) and copy entire "vuplus" to root of your stick.